“Ok.. lacks in effort.”
Review of Fish Place

Fish Place
Ranked #21 of 139 Restaurants in Fort McMurray
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Was really curious of trying this place out.. but I don't think I'll return. Pretty vast menu, plenty of selection (you also get a valid choice of meat).

But if you decide to go to the fish place for fish.. well.. I wasn't expecting to be almost forced to eat fried fish. Everything was ok, but eating fried entrees and fried main course that tasted like pretty much the same fried stuff was a big let down.

Decor is tacky but who cares. Service is ok. Quantities are very decent (you absolutely will NOT leave the place starving). I hope they'll improve on the food quality.. fort Mc needs some more unique places that dont belong to a food-chain / franchise.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

This place was recommended. I'm glad there was a separate sign because I would have missed it. The food was decent and nice size portion. I had the lunch special cod au gratin and fish cakes. The fish cakes were very tasty and seasoned well. The cod tasted good if you smother the tartar sauce on to give it flavor. Very homey restaurant.

Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

We have been here many times over the last 6 years. The decor was updated a while ago, and gives a cleaner and fresher view. The food is always good here! Price point is getting high though, and is worth noting. This is the only place to get good east coast fish and meals. I still recommend this as a must try if you are ever in lovely Fort Mc Murray

Reviewed September 20, 2013

I understand that this is a fish place, but the food seems extra buttery and greasy! Take away the true flavour of the fish with so much grease or use of eggs on salmon.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

I drove all the way through traffic after work to get some takeout. Just wanted a clam chowder. Was rudely told that "we don't do takeout between 5-9" I looked around, could see at least 3 servers, and maybe 7 customers. Not exactly slammed. At 5:06. I explained to the hostess that all I wanted was soup, it was already made, could they not put it in a takeout container for me please? "No!" What kind of restaurant won't take your business? I also always tip, minimum 15% takeout or not. Told the hostess that I would never be back, and now I'm letting everyone else know what horrible customer service and business policy's the fish place have. I'll go ANYWHERE else, every restaurant and bar in town does takeout, I suggest you do the same.