“Clearwater Suite”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Sahuarita, Arizona
“Clearwater Suite”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

By far the best hotel I have stayed with. All staff members are great, and know your name. The rooms I have had are outstanding. On future visits I plan on staying nowhere else. They earned my business.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Jean-Marc G, General Manager at Clearwater Suite Hotel, responded to this review, July 6, 2014
Dear Guest; Thank you for your wonderful comments on your most recent visit in our property. Rest assured we will pass these comments to our entire team! Although we are not immune to flaws in our Training,technical and maintenance mishaps, our Team does indeed strive to consistently strive in giving our guests the best stay possible while visiting our region. We are certainly looking forward to your next visit. Jean-marc Guillamot-General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed June 27, 2014

Went checking in I was informed that the spa/steam room was shut down being redone. The A/C in the room didn't work very well, room was hot. At 4:30am I was woken by water pouring in from the ceiling, I did what I could to contain the water and let the front desk know at 6am. They didn't seem very concerned about it and would let maintenance know when they showed up. You could see that this was not the first time since they had replace 2 big panels already but others were still stained. When I got back to the hotel at 4 I asked if they had fixed the A/C and they said the would have it looked at (not sure why this wasn't done earlier). When I got to my room they were there and said they had recently changed the filters but could replace them again. I explained that if the unit wasn't cooling changing the filters would not make a difference. He called the front desk and got my room changed. The new room had a working A/C unit but smell badly of smoke (This was a non smoking room). I was leaving the next day and really didn't what to keep changing room. I told the front desk the next morning and they said they would let the cleaning people know about it. I told they they had to already know because it smelled so bad.

I have to return to Fort McMurray but I will not stay here again!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Robert K
Dear Guest;
Let me first apologize personally on the various situations you encountered while sojourning with us most recently. We experienced some AC related incidents with our Main Chiller which has now been corrected these last few days. I have discussed the unacceptable circumstance of the room you were moved to which smelled smoky. We have some very effective punitive policies for guests smoking in rooms as all our rooms do have a patio. However we do find delinquents and we do put a Ionizer air purifier in the rooms having been affected by smokers. I have stressed to our Executive Housekeeper once again this policy. I am sorry your stay was not what you expect and we certainly hope to convince you to come back to our property so we may give you the usual right first impression our guests receive. Jean-Marc Guillamot- General Manager
MEDICINE HAT
Reviewed June 19, 2014

The staff were very accommodating throughout the visit and the rooms were spacious and comfortable. It was nice to stay at this suite hotel while attending a conference in Fort McMurray. It was in a good, central, location, close to amenities. The room itself had a good size kitchen, so it made it much more comfortable and accommodating to have small meals/snacks and a spacious living room (separate from the bedroom) to allow for a comfortable, remote work environment.

The only downfall that I experienced was the complimentary breakfast. The options were very limited and the food was disappointing. However, there was a Tim Horton's right across the road.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Jean-Marc G, General Manager at Clearwater Suite Hotel, responded to this review, June 21, 2014
Dear Guest; We sincerely appreciate your comments on your most recent stay with us. Rest assured we will continue to raise our level of service and like yourself our guests are certainly very appreciative of our great downtown location closed to all amenities while our Team does appreciate greatly your positive comments on their continuous great service Attitude. we will pass on to our Lessee owner your comments on the Breakfast fare offered as we hope this portion of your stay will not deter you to soon come back in our property. We are looking forward to your next visit. Jean-Marc Guillamot-General Manager
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed June 17, 2014

My daughter and I just spent a weekend in Fort Mac with her swim team for a competition. This hotel was one of the recommended ones as it was close to the pool and many amenities and they gave us a special rate (Swim Alberta rate). We got a one bedroom with a full kitchen and a washer/dryer! It's not the Fairmont but it was clean and had everything we needed. Beds were double (not queen) but very comfortable and clean. The bathroom was a good size and the washer/dryer was a bonus. The kitchen had a good size fridge and a stove top. There is also a dish washer and they give you all the soaps and clothes for the kitchen as well as Tide and Bounce sheets for the washer/dryer. We even got a little balcony with chairs but didn't use it as our room faced the main highway and it was noisy. There was lots of room to spread out our stuff and with 2 TV's, we could watch whatever we wanted. They offer a free breakfast. It wasn't fancy but you get all the basics like cereal, juice, toast, eggs, sausage, etc. I did wish they would offer some fruit but they didn't. The front desk was very helpful and even gave our room to us early (as our plane got in early and the girls needed rest before the swim meet began in the early afternoon).
One of the best things about Clearwater is it's location. You are right by a Tim Horton's/Wendy's and a Montana's. But just across the parking lot (no need to drive), there is a Superstore with the matching liquor store and gas! There are also lots of other amenities just a few steps away.
All in all, it's a great place to stay. We didn't try the spa or the workout centre as we were busy with the swim meet but I'm sure they are fine as well. My 2 pieces of advice: 1) ask for a room that doesn't face the highway for a quiet sleep 2) bring with you some bags if you plan on shopping as Fort Mac stores do NOT offer any plastic ones.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, request a room that doesn't face the main highway...the noise was co...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest; Thank you so much for your comments which we passed on to all concerned within our Team. Our Location is indeed much appreciated by our guests and our Team Associates continuously get great guests reviews of which we are extremely proud on their behalf. we are sorry your sleep was not as comfortable as you may have expected but should we have the opportunity and great pleasure to welcome you back, please upon check in ask our Front desk agents to provide you with some ear plugs. We have provided these to numerous light sleepers to their satisfaction as getting a sound sleep. we sincerely thank you for a great overall review of our products and Team and we are looking forward to your next visit in our region. Jean-Marc Guillamot - General Manager
CANADA
Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

Thank you very much for the fantastic service every single person front desk the cleaners and the restaurant in the hotel top shelf service, I love my stay here and will be back and I highly recommend the stay here. Thanks to you all!

• Stayed May 2014
Jean-Marc G, General Manager at Clearwater Suite Hotel, responded to this review, May 11, 2014
Dear Guest; Thank you for your most positive comments on our Team Members and your overall experience while staying with us most recently. Our Team Members are extremely appreciative of our guests continuous support and I can sincerely say they certainly do not take it for granted and all will continue to strive even more in fine tuning their Hospitality skills. We are looking forward to your next visit. Jean-marc Guillamot General Manager
Magog, Canada
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Good Afternoon. The first time ,icame to Fort Mcmurray ,i stayed at this hotel and i immediatly felt like home . It is more than just a hotel room, you really feel good ,it s like your own appartement..
And more, , you can cook ,wash etc,, and it is very quiet ,clean and all the staff is really nice. It is a secur place,and you can even park your vehicule underground. That is great. I recommend this hotel to every one who s looking for a quiet and clean rooms.. Have to try it ,you ll see you ll love it.

See you soon.
Szusana

Room Tip: choose either upper floor or the 2 th floor they are the most quiet .
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Jean-Marc G, General Manager at Clearwater Suite Hotel, responded to this review, May 4, 2014
Dear Szusana, Thank you so much for your comment on your most recent stay with us. We are thankful of our unique location and most appreciative of the continuous great service culture our Team is able to deliver day after day to our guests. We will continue to strive to be the most welcoming Hotel in Fort McMurray and our Team will continue their daily efforts toward this worthy goal. We hope to welcome you back very soon and wish you safe travels. Jean-Marc Guillamot-General Manager.
Morris, Illinois
Reviewed April 27, 2014

very friendly staff. very nice room. large tv. housekeeping accommodates my sleep schedule for working midnights. only complaint is the hot tub. it hasn't been open for 2 1/2 years, and there are no plans to open it. don't believe the "under renovation."

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guests. I thank you for you most valuable feed back on your last stay with us. We are extremely proud of our high energy and service oriented Team and rest assured they are extremely appreciative of your comments and most eager to welcome you back very soon.
I must once again "apologize" on the Hot Tub repairs, but I am seeing "lights at then end of the tunnel" in relation to get this amenity fixed once and for all. Initial shoddy construction, lay out and original set up was not conformed with the new BiLaws and we are most pleased to be installing very soon a state of the art 'Saline" water system for our Hot Tub. To do so we have to build a separate room which will host this bigger system which I am sure will be most appreciated once done. We hope to welcome you in the most foreseeable future and be in measured to publicize soon enough the opening of this amenity. Jean-Marc Guillamot- General Manager