“Better than expected!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Wood Buffalo Brewing Co
Ranked #7 of 132 Restaurants in Fort McMurray
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Canadian
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Better than expected!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

My son encouraged us to join him here for dinner and after reading the reviews I was not anticipating very much. I was pleasantly surprised. We were welcomed warmly and seated promptly. The wait for our orders to be taken was minimal and the drinks and food were brought promptly. What more could you ask for! The food was good quality and plentiful. Basic pub meals but served well. Our server was friendly and helpful. Perhaps people expect too much but considering this was a pub, I had absolutely no complaints. Thank you!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank LadyMargaretL

Edmonton, Canada
“Not bad”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

There is a good "feel" to the establishment. My burger was OK, not great but adequate. Had a great beer, refreshing with hints of citrus. Some interesting items in the menu. Good service and clean washrooms. Worth a visit just don't expect "wow".

• Visited September 2013
Pemberton, Canada
“Good Stuff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Working near Ft Mac and W B B Company was recommended to me by an associate. I stopped in and had a couple beers and a couple appies. Not a beer drinker but had a couple of there own brews , one was a raspberry something and can`t remember the other one . I actually enjoyed them both. had the lobster roll which was really good and the poutine was okay too. The service from Jenny was exceptional.

1 Thank carygranite35
Fort McMurray, Canada
“Very bad experience - Manager coudn't be careless”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

Yesterday, we were having supper when our waitress approached us to ask us to leave in 20 minutes "because a big group is coming and they've reserved this area". We asked for the manager since this was the first time in a restaurant somebody have asked me to leave just as I finished my plate... I still wanted some dessert!

Manager was worst, he just step in and commanded us to leave in 20 minutes. After asking for a solution (another table) he told us that everything was booked and our waitress should've told us from the beginning that our table was reserved for 10pm (which she didn't) - Basically, he told us it wasn't his problem.

Nobody gave us a solution and nobody cared... We got 20 dollars off the bill... 20 dollars to leave the restaurant... what a joke! (and no dessert)

Food's never been great and usually service is not bad Too sad since we don't have too many places to go in Fort McMurray.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank angelmdz1
Fort McMurray, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great food excellent service even better beer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

Took my Mum for lunch, food we ordered was great no complaints, I had meatloaf, I would order it again, my Mum had a lobster sandwich which she said tasted wonderfull. I really enjoyed the black beer they had. Best part was the service, our server and I wish I remembered her name really made the day, again my Mum was impressed with her. I would recommend the food the beer the service, this was during the day so I cannot comment on the nightlife

1 Thank Craig R