“Great place”

Podollan Inn
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Fort McMurray
“Great place”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I've stayed in the Rez and hotel on numerous occasions and can't believe some reviews. Wifi has never been a problem for me. The room cleanliness has never been an issue. This place is always my stay when visiting and see many others that keep coming back.

I look forward to returning in my next visit. Especially the ridiculously comfy beds.

• Stayed January 2013
Melanie L, Director of Sales at Podollan Inn, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful comments. We strive to offer superior quality in comfort and amenities. We appreciate you taking the time to write and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
St. Albert, Canada
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I recently stayed for 2 nights and had a wonderful time.
Our room was good size and beds were very comfortable. Had 2 great nights sleep.
Love the oversized showers, not like most hotels that cram you into a tiny shower.
Breakfast was quick and tasty.
Love that the Bar is right downstairs also, easy to get back to the room after a few drinks.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the excellent review. We are pleased you like our extra spacious walk-in showers, our complimentary hot and cold continental breakfast and the ever so popular Podollan Pub. We hope to see you again soon.
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I recently stayed at the Podollan Inn in Fort McMurray. The features of the phone did not work; there are buttons to quickly connect you to the front desk, room service, etc., but none of them work. I call down to the front desk and ask what message I have as the red light is flashing. I was told, "just ignore it, it's broken." I then ask if they offer room service and if so, where I might find a menu. "Come down to the Pub and get a menu," was the reply. Having to come down to the Pub to look at a menu kind of defeats the purpose of offering room service. I take my chances and get put through to "Room Service." I mention I would like to order some room service and I am told, "Give me a few minutes," and then the phone is hung up. Am I supposed to call back in a few minutes? I end up walking across the street to Boston Pizza--this is the recommended course of action. Supper is done, retire to my room, which is at least 40 degrees Celcius. I turn the furnace off, but it still keeps going, all night, slowly roasting everything in the room. Good grief! Junk hotel, but who cares about service and client satisfaction when the vacancy rate in Fort McMurray is a negative number?

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Melanie L, Director of Sales at Podollan Inn, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
We regret the inconvenience you experienced. We have phone technicians in the Inn and Rez this week installing a new phone service for the front desk and to re-program phones in guest rooms. We did have furnace problems for one night at both the Inn and the Rez as the weather changed and our chillers were not able to run at full capacity. We had a repair person in the next day to work on the system. We have recently changed our menu and are in the process of inserting new ones in the folders in each guest room. We appreciate your feedback and we hope your next stay will reflect are usual high standards.
Reviewed December 23, 2012

i stay on this hotel first impression kinda nice but i was wrong about it.. wifi doesnt work, heater dont work, facility are OLD and most especially the bed there is a cigarette burn, duvet and cover need to change its discusting. i stay alot of hotel in fortmac for business work visit but this hotel has a POOR and LOW QUALITY hotel to stay. and there is no security to check who is coming in or guest stay especially NO CAMERA. I would not recommend this HOTEL and spread all what i experience here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank christopher d
Melanie L, Director of Sales at Podollan Inn, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
We take all feedback seriously, and sincerely regret that we did not meet your expectations. We have made improvements to ensure a better experience. We hope to see you again soon.
Thunder Bay, Canada
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Just checked out of the Podollan Rez which is a long term stay. Was there 12 days and as I thanked the front desk, they asked me to post my comments at this site. My overall stay was very good. The room was large, beds were comfy and I loved the fact of having a washer/dryer in my room. The tv programming was average but as good as anywhere else. Being a long stay facility I had to request my room to be cleaned every day, in which they did a fine job. I'm a big fan of the underground parking. The internet at times had some complications but for the most part it was fine for what I needed.The price was comparable to the rest of town, The restaurant at the Inn was my favorite stomping ground. I loved the food (best steaks in town), the service, and of course the girlish scenery. Thank you for making my stay in Fort Mac better. P.S. Say hi to Kayla and Yes I love my steaks rare! See ya next month

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank kenny l
Melanie L, Director of Sales at Podollan Inn, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Thank you for your feedback and kind remarks, which I have shared with staff. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and the steaks at the Podollan Pub. We look forward to welcoming you back next month.
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I am staying here as I write. I am in the second building, the extended stay "Rez".
The Internet is almost non existant. If you buy a cable and hook up to the wired LAN it is almost tolerable. I have asked many times in the last 2 weeks to get this fixed but it has so far been ignored with vague promises.
The cleaning is non-existent. I pay $260 a day before all the various taxes and the best they can do is carry out my garbage. I phoned front desk once and asked if a hoover could be run round the room, it was, but I feel that should not be a special request.Bed has been changed once in 2 weeks, by special request. The rooms are OK, kitchen pretty well appointed, TV's are a joke. Actually there is one flat screen but I cant hook an HDMI into it because of the way it has been bolted to the wall. The other 2 TV's are 1980's and the reception is faint snow at very best. Haven't even turned on the flat screen because of the crap programming in Canada, but that is another issue.

My room overlooked the street at ground level and was missing a bit of curtain, and also insulation, so every noise from outside was heard. It was the beginning of winter so I had a constant draft coming in the window. The fireplace in the room did not work. etc.etc. Dont stay here!!
I am staying here with colleagues in 6 rooms. We have made alternate arrangements for our return visit next month at the Merit...newer and hopefully better organised. A loss of about $2000 a day to this "hotel"

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Melanie L, Director of Sales at Podollan Inn, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. Our tech people have been working on the internet to resolve the problem. We apologize for the inconvenience. Given that the Residence is for extended stays, we have found that daily housekeeping services is not always necessary. However, we are more than happy to provide daily service. We appreciate your feedback and we are reviewing your comments with our management team. We sincerely hope to see you soon.
Reviewed October 2, 2012

For the money you pay and the service you get, I would recommend avoiding this place. The internet doesn't work most days. For $300 you get no internet, your room is not cleaned unless you stay 4 or more days, There were moths in the room, the TV's are from the 80's the front desk staff is nice but useless as they have no power being foreign workers.. I could go on but I , the end result is only stay here if you absolutely have to.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Melanie L, Director of Sales at Podollan Inn, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
We recently had some technical problems with the internet which were beyond our control. Rooms at the Inn are cleaned on a daily basis. Suites at the Rez for extended stays receive housekeeping service every four days and guests may request housekeeping more frequently. All our guest rooms and suites have flat screen TVs except for a few individual rooms in the Rez. We continue to update these. We hope you will try us again.