“Amazing place”

MacDonald Island Park
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Everything you could want to do is there !! something for everyone and everything is clean, bright and inviting. the attentiveness of the staff makes every question a pleasant conversation and the food places are great too. From library to water slides to curling and everything inbetween. My family loves it and so do I.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

The swimming pools are great, its clean and a well kept place overall. Change rooms are clean.
Its great to have many options under one roof like the library as well.
The frozen yoghurt place is ideal after swimming!

Reviewed August 15, 2013

After leaving my camera case behind (thinking a family member had it) I went back and talked to the ladies at the information desk, gave them a description and was told that they would call me if it was turned in, or found. I really thought it was gone for good, along with the SD card that was in it.
Well the night before I was to leave Fort Mac I received a phone call and sure enough it had been found. Thank you ladies for calling me, and thank you to the person that found it.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

This is probably the most amazing Recreation center you will ever get to see in Alberta, maybe even Canada. And soon they will be opening Shell place right next to the rec. center. This place has everything! A huge gym on the second floor, a giant swimming center on the bottom floor across from a full public library. It has an ice rink a rock climbing wall and a whole bunch more. The price for membership or drop in is comparable to much smaller recreation centers across the province. I was just blown away by the sheer amount of things in the recreation center and how massive everything was.

I've just moved here from B.C and this is the most impressive place in Fort Mc Murray. It even has concerts happening. Big names! I couldn't believe the sign when I drove by when entering MacDonald Island that said OUR LADY PEACE will be playing in Fort Mc Murray in September.

I was really blown away by this place. It's a great place to stroll around, it's very family oriented but lots of single young people hanging around too. It's a great place to people spot (They have a frozen yogurt bar! where you can just relax and enjoy some frozen yogurt and people watch.)

If you're in Fort McMurray go see this place! Take a class, go swimming, go skating, play volleyball, do whatever and take advantage of the use of this place.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We love to use the huge indoor pool/waterpark here, and are members. I also use the gym, and we've used the skating rinks in the past. It has recently expanded and upgraded, and it's a great multi-purpose indoor playground, library, and fitness facility.
My only big disappointment is when they host concerts. The seating is terrible! New venue needed, Fort Mac!