“the price is good”

Ranked #17 of 18 Hotels in Fort McMurray
British Columbia
“the price is good”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2011

It's a cheap hotel in price and in quality. The Tv was horrible, the carpets in our non-smoking room were very old and had cigarette burns. The bed was not very comfortable. But if you just need a place to lay your head it works.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
stonebridgeFM, Director of Sales at Stonebridge Hotel Fort McMurray, responded to this review, August 9, 2011
The new ownership group is dedicated to enhancing the stay for all our guests. We are in the beginning of a major re-investment into the hotel to fix the issues which you have brought up.
The first major investment which we have understaken is to update all TVs in the rooms with 46" LED HD TVs (so far 75% of the hotel rooms have been udpated), top of the line and best in any hotel you will find in Fort McMurray. In addition to the TVs will be full HD programming available in all rooms as well. Please check back in with us soon to see the new TVs.
We are a hotel with great value, and want all our guests to have a great stay with us at a low price.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Revelstoke, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2011

The lobby of this hotel and some of the room have been renovated but the elevator was not working and the stairs and hallways were completely outdated. The friendly staff and cleanliness of the hotel more than made up for the lack of continuity in decor. This hotel is in a great location and well worth the value.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gracioushost234
The elevator is now working fine and with new ownership the rest of the hotel is going to be renovated including stairwells and rooms. Rooms now have an updated 46" LED HD TV and HD programming available with them. Soon their will be additional face lifts done to the rest of the rooms.
Grande Prairie, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2010

We have just returned from Fort McMurray, and a stay at the Stonebridge...all I have to say is looks can be deceiving. From the pictures on the website, it looks like a very nice, and updated hotel. Upon arrival, we saw that the website didn't lie...we were located downtown...across from a little spot where the homeless people like to spend their time. There is very minimal parking in the front, and the rear has parking, that shares a parking lot with the local mall, Tim Hortons, Wendy's and Montans (just to name a few). The hotel also houses a dance club which is on the lower level (this is home to quite a few teenagers who seemed rather "stoned" for lack of better words). The staff at the front desk were very nice, and the check in went smoothly. When we got to our room, which was on the 3rd floor, we exited the elevators, to find 2 chairs for people to sit in, that were about as old as the hotel itself (we were told that the Stonebridge is one of the oldest hotels). The chairs had rather large stains on the seats, of what, I'm not quite sure, and the carpets were very old looking in the hallway. We got to our room and put the key in the swipe box and the door "opened" about an inch (This is the same with the bathroom door in the room). Inside the room, we had a queen bed, fridge, microwave, TV, and work desk. The bathroom has a very odd layout. The bathroom counter, was about 3 feet off of the floor, with minimal counter space and a sink that was beside the toilet on an angle. The taps on the sink, were ancient, and the same goes for the shower.
The carpet in the room, even though we had a non-smoking, had cigarette burns in it everywhere. The bed was actualy comfortable enough, but that is about the only good thing about this room. We paid $119 for the room, which was a special rate they had on. I guess te saying is true; you get what you pay for! There was also a resturant attached, but I believe that Tim Hortons would be the right choice! I think that when they upgraded the outside of this hotel, the inside should have been done as well.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tiffles_00

Travelers are raving about these Fort McMurray hotels

Edmonton, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2010

Okay so I get the jacuzzi room with a king size bed for me and my boyfriend because we havent seen each other in over 2 months. First I notice some little flies but kill them, then I go to have a shower and the shower is either really hot or really cold with no pressure at all so i kept having to turn the water from hot to cold, and cold to hot every 30 seconds to get a good temp. Then I notice more flies. So I asked to move rooms, There are no more jacuzzi rooms available so I take a king suite. OMG soon as i walked into the door it was like some ghetto 70's fun down hotel that you see people renting on movies when they are poor and have no money. So I check out right away and didnt even stay a night.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Aprilg5532
Saskatoon, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2010

nice front desk staff, and great housekeepers everything you need in a hotel.
Thanks guys

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank secord16
Edmonton
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2010

Originally I booked the jacuzzi suite however the extreme smell of smoke in the room made me sick. The staff did bring up an Ozonater which did reduce the smell in the room but not enough for my liking. So the staff swapped me into a different room and the carpet in the room was extremely old and did not look like it had been steam cleaned before. The room itself was small but a rate of $120/night I guess that is expected. Good location of the hotel though

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank garlicspamsam
Edmonton
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2010

It's rare that I feel the need to go buy my own bedding to use on top of a hotel's bedding, but there was no way I was going to sleep in the bed at the Stonebridge. I wound up getting a blanket from Superstore instead.

The room I booked weeks before was suddenly not available, and the staff were kind enough to upgrade me to a jacuzzi room. But, it was a smoking room and stunk.

The window was at street level, right on the side walk, and the curtain was not quite as wide as the window.
The room iteself had very little lighting, and I definately didn't want to use the jacuzzi if I could hardly see it. Judging by the cleanliness of the bathroom, not using the jacuzzi was a good choice.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled on business