Stonebridge Hotel Fort McMurray
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Clearwater Suite Hotel(Fort McMurray)
View Hotel
Nomad Hotel and Suites(Fort McMurray)
Podollan Inn(Fort McMurray)
View Hotel
Franklin Suite Hotel(Fort McMurray)
Platinum Hotels(Fort McMurray)
View Hotel
Merit Hotel & Suites(Fort McMurray)
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Great location, being located in the center of downtown having everything within walking distance comes in very handy. The rooms although not large are very roomy but needs some serious updating, I was informed when I had checked in that they did have updates rooms but personally I don't care about the looks only that it is clean. Both the sheets and towels looked older than the building it's self as they were yellowed and over washed, but seemed clean and smelled fresh. Rooms were very dim but I guess this is to cover some imperfections in the room such as faded carpets, yellowed linens, and lamp shades.
Front desk staff seemed to pretend to be busy as they were just stood around doing nothing for about five minutes before they served me.
Where most of my problems with this hotel starts is within their so called "million dollar bar". For starters the bar does look great and gives a warm and welcoming feeling, but the staff just makes the place look cheep. I recently returned to the hotel with my wife and when she suggested we visit baileys pub I straight out said NO. I did not want her to witness the filth I did on my first stay. The staff wore too little clothing and were both rude and uncivilized.
I was served by a pretty nice guy at first who smiled and spoke to me at the bar, when I returned for a second drink I was rudely spoken to and served by a blonde woman whom seem like she was too good to be here.
I was sitting alone for a long period of time and was ignored by all serving staff and had to over hear some unsettling conversations from both the staff and the patrons. The glasses were dirty with rings around the rims and dirt floating in my drink(s).
My recent return with my wife was better, we did stay on the updated side of the hotel and although very dark and dungeon like was much nicer. I did notice a few new faces in the bar but until all the faces are new I don't think I will return.
Would I recommend this hotel to others? Yes but would suggest they stay on the newly redone side and avoid baileys pub at all cost.

• Stayed: May 2013
stonebridgeFM, Director of Sales at Stonebridge Hotel Fort McMurray, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Thank you very much for the review, and we certainly take all feedback very seriously. I wanted to respond on a few different parts of the review.
1. Since your last stay, we have updated our linens and new much better and larger towels
2. We have already ordered new carpet and are in the process in finalizing an order for new casegoods for the tower (older) side to update it and get it up to par with the newer, Deluxe side
3. We have recently done an overhaul in Bailey's wtih staff and will contiue to monitor and replace staff if required to ensure that customer service is the best in FM and above expectations

I hope that the next time you are in the area, you stay wtih us and check out, and enjoy, Bailey's Pub and the Stonebridge.
Thank you again for your feedback!
Matt

Reviewed May 1, 2013

This is the WORST hotel I have ever stayed in!!!!!! I checked in at 10 pm and the guy at the front desk was on the phone and stayed on it probably for at least 5 mins and there was 2 other people in the back in uniforms that didn't come and help me either. When he did get off the phone he asked how he could help me "SIR" and I am a woman and look like one too!!!!!! He then asked for my id and referred to me as "SIR" AGAIN!!!!!!

I finally get checked in and get to my room and it was filthy. There was pubic hair in the sink and long black hairs in the tub & the toilet was plugged...... The bed looked like someone just crawled out of it and by that I mean the duvet was a mess and so were the pillows...... That was the first room so I grabbed my suitcase and back down to the front desk I went. There was 4 people checking in and I just wanted to tell them to go else where but I waited and I got another room.

I get to that room and turn on the lights and there is 3 big off white stains on the duvet......I believe is was sperm, 2 were on the edge of the bed and the other was at the end. It was sick and there was hair in my tub and sink too but I was tired so I called down and told them to bring me bedding and I would do it myself......A guy came up and took pics of the duvet and then stripped the bed and remade it. I had been up since 5 am and drove all day with an elementary school, I was tired. Tried to turn the tv on and put stuff in the fridge and it didn't work and the fridge was actually warm.....the breaker went.

I asked the manager to call me the next day and no one did so I called when I got back to my room the next day. I talked to the assistant manager Lorna and she told me that there was nothing they could do for me and that the 1st room was clean, there was no plugged toilet or hair in the sink or tub and the bed was made and that the duvet was not dirty either. So there was nothing they would be able to do for me. That I was making it up to get a free night. I WAS TREATED LIKE CRAP and I WILL NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN!!!!!! MAKE SURE YOU TAKE PICTURES TOO!!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank 77frequenttraveller
Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

I wrote another review not logged in. When I started reading others reviews I began to get worries that in my one night stay my credit card would get charged for damages that I did not make. I took pictures of my room to feel better.

Ultimately this is a safe place to stay with really nice rooms. Outside traffic is loud but who cares, the bed is so comfy you'll fall asleep anyways watching your giant tv at the foot of the bed.

Not to many hotels have their director of sales reviewing reviews either. This hotel obviously is on the up and up.

One thing that should be addresses is the lack of fans in the bathrooms. Bad doors and moisture is not able to be properly ventilated and signs of mold on my bathroom ceiling can be seen developing.

$159 for a place to stay within a short cab distance to the greyhound, why not.

I'd stay here again if I had to, as long as there isn't any additional cc charges.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Roomreviewer1986
Reviewed March 22, 2013

At $120.00 a night, that's a cheap stay in Ft. McMurray. The hotel is tired and worn, however, the room was spacious and clean and I got a good night's sleep. So what more can you ask. If you are on a budget it's worth a punt.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Robert L
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights praying that each night would be my last. Very run down, un-happy front desk staff and VERY dirty! The best thing for this hotel would be for it to burn down and claim insurance on it. I would NEVER recommend this to anyone even if it was the only place with availability in Fort McMurray.

Room Tip: You will not find a good room in this place.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business