Nomad Hotel and Suites
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Podollan Inn(Fort McMurray)
View Hotel
Clearwater Suite Hotel(Fort McMurray)
View Hotel
Franklin Suite Hotel(Fort McMurray)
Platinum Hotels(Fort McMurray)
View Hotel
Merit Hotel & Suites(Fort McMurray)
View Hotel
All reviewskeg restaurantbar and grillfort macwalking distancesmall cafenight minimumrooms are nice and cleanan older hotelbit datedfriendly helpful staffwould stay here againevery monthattached restaurantsame buildingdowntown locationjacuzzi suiteprice was reasonable
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 9, 2013

its been late night check in and need something to rest, nice king bed, i have my relaxing rest during that night front desk is approachable need to upgrade TV but its nothing to me cause i dont like to have fun watching tv during my stay, full of amenities, nothing else looking for to stay if your in fort mac with entertainment,

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
nomadinngm, General Manager at Nomad Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Thank you for your comments. We are all very pleased to hear that we were able to provide you with a relaxing and pleasant stay. In a continuation of our ongoing upgrade and renovations, we are now upgrading all of our existing TV’s to 42” LCD’s, 57 rooms are done already, and we should complete the remainder by September this year. Please let us know when you return and we will assign you one of our completely renovated rooms.

Hope to see you again soon,

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Clean rooms and friendly staff make an Outstanding combination. I have been staying here a week/month for the last 4 years. I have never had a bad experience here. The staff are professioanl and yet very personable. They go out of their way to accomidate.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
nomadinngm, General Manager at Nomad Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Thank you very much for your kind words. All of our staff truly enjoys having you stay with us and we hope to see that continue far in to the future. See you next month.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

The first "non-smoking" room I was put in smelled very strongly of smoke and perfume, so I asked for a new room. The lady at the front desk was very friendly, apologetic, and promptly put me in a new room. The new room didn't smell like smoke, but it was like a cheap honeymoon suite. It had old carpet that was partly torn, and that had a few stains (one VERY large) on the carpet. I wore my shoes/slippers the entire time I was in the hotel because it felt dirty. My bed also had the old-style blankets and I couldn't help but wonder how many people had used them over the decades. There were fake plants in the room, an old four-poster bed, and mirrors surrounding the bedside-jacuzzi -- not the type of room I was looking for on my business trip. I kept imagining where the carpet stains came from in such a "romantic" suite. I didn't sleep well because I just felt uncomfortable and unclean. Also, the breakfast choices were quite limited. The location is good in the sense that it is close to lots of amenities, but it is also in a shady part of town. I went for a short (2-3 blocks) walk to the grocery store, and encountered a woman stumbling across the street and a man with his pants down passed out on a bench. I travel a lot, and I never feel homesickness, but this trip made me feel very lonely for home. This hotel could use a good renovation!n Many of the halls were also very smoky. Otherwise, the workout room was ok (tiny, but good enough). Parking was included and fairly good (although half of it was across the street). The lady at the front desk was considerate enough to call and ask if my second room was better, and although it wasn't good, it smelled better than the first one and I didn't want to ask for another switch. Next time I'm in Fort McMurray, I'll try a different hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
nomadinngm, General Manager at Nomad Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Thank you for your candid comments about your recent stay with us. Reviews like this show us where we can improve. First of all, I am happy to hear that our Guest Service team tried to assist you and thank you for mentioning that good service. We have addressed with our housekeeping team, the smoke smell that was in a non-smoking room. We do have procedures in place for when this occurs and apologize this was not the case for your stay. We will continue to enforce and monitor these procedures so that our Guests comfort is not sacrificed. With regards to the final room assigned during your stay, that room is one of the last of our rooms to benefit from our recent refurbishment. It was one of the last available rooms on that day to offer you and we were hoping that it would be seen as an upgrade, I apologize that it was not the case, due to your comments we have addressed the points you highlighted with our maintenance and housekeeping teams. Again, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and we hope we can provide another opportunity to serve you in our newer rooms.

Mike Harlick
GM Nomad Hotel

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Some of the rooms are really nice, front desk staff is some of the best I have ever met. Really good location right down town where everything is happening. I highly recommend this hotel, parking in the area isn't the greatest but I found a spot because I got there earlier then my co workers so I lucked out on that one for sure.

• Stayed: March 2013
nomadinngm, General Manager at Nomad Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Thank you very much for your comments. I will be sure to pass them on to all of our staff. We hope to see you back soon and that your next trip is just as good.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

I have stayed at the Nomad Inn many times over the last 20 years. It has been renovated over the last few years and is very acceptable. The hotel is well located and minutes from the Suncor Centre and business locations downtown. It is just south of the river and gives good access to Highway 63 and the oilsands mines north. The rooms are clean and well appointed. The wireless Internet is very good. There is a very good Keg Restaurant attached to the lobby. The staff are friendly and very helpful. The continental breakfast included with the room is basic but adequate. The only problem we have had is with a few of the electrical outlets, which appear to have been missed during renovations and are quite worn, to the point that they do not hold a plug. As far as business hotels go in Fort McMurray, this would be a solid choice.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank gmdalberta
nomadinngm, General Manager at Nomad Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Thank you for your comments.

We are all very pleased that your stay with us enjoyable and that all of the staff were able to help and be of service to you throughout your stay. We are continuing our renovations and improvements throughout the hotel and hope to have all of our rooms fully ready in the next month. We hope to see you again in the near future.