“One of the best”

Simon King Donair & Submarine
Ranked #1,150 of 2,502 Restaurants in Edmonton
Reviewed December 12, 2012

One of the best donair places I've found in Edmonton. They're usually pretty generous with the sweet sauce, which is the key ingredient.

There are newer reviews for Simon King Donair & Submarine

Reviewed September 10, 2012

We have tasted many donairs over the years. Every city we visit, we usually try a donair that someone has recommended. Some have been OK, some not so much. There is a reason we keep coming back to Simon King - they are simply the BEST donairs. The meat is tasty and cooked just right, they don'y ruin it by putting lettuce on it (like some places), and the sauce is INCREDIBLE. Hubby always orders a Jumbo SPICY and I order a Cheese (smallest donair) with just a little spice. It is always just right. The decor is definitely not fancy, but that's not what this restaurant is about. The owner knows what true service is. He remembers you, shakes your hand, and makes you a fantastic donair! What more could you want?

Reviewed May 10, 2012 via mobile

As has been previously suggested the decor isn't much to look at, the chairs are uncomfortable and the colors are obnoxious. The donairs however, are killer. Absolutely the best in town. Period. To the best of my knowledge no other donair shop has ever been the subject of a newspaper article for the sole reason that the donairs are THAT good. Simon King HAS!

This place is very popular for good reason. I try to go in mid afternoon, say 2 or 3, well after the lunch rush gong show. By then the meat has been broiling for an hour or more and has a nice crispy texture on the outside. That's when the donairs are even better than perfect. They're heaven.

Reviewed July 28, 2011

These guys can cook a donair. Everyone finds their own donair shop and if you try these guys then Simon King has a good chance of being yours. My kids and I have been eating at Simon King for years and have always been extremely happy with the food and the guys in the shop.

Reviewed July 7, 2009

This place makes one fine donair. My stomach is aching thinking about it. They're juicy and delicious. Man, I wish I had one right now.