See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed March 19, 2012

This is our 4th time staying at this hotel with our 18 month old baby. We love to drive up to Edmonton from Olds for shopping and foods during long weekends. The hotel is located only a minute away from the West Edmonton Mall, less than 10 min away from all of our favorite restaurants and pretty close to downtown! We didn't expect much from this hotel because it's not a name brand hotel, however we were very surprised that the money you pay is not just comparable to what you get! The beds are so comfortable and new that you don't wanna get out of the bed every morning (I even asked where they buy bed!!)! The blankets are a bit old fashion, but still clean, and relatively new. A newly renovated bathroom. New management, I heard from the guy at the receptionist, great service, and when we last went there they just changed the entire doors and windows, which looked alot nicer. Looked like they did quite a bit of renovations. The only downside was the outdoor parking, but we couldn't find any hotels with underground parking around that area.

Date of stay: January 2012
1  Thank Cindy T
Reviewed January 4, 2011

went to town for holiday shopping and stayed here for the weekend with my family and kids.
their are a few places in this area that we've tried that are comparable in price. $85/night, for the price, lodge motor inn was the best place to stay by west edmonton mall. i've stayed in the yellow motel across from it last time when we were in town, they have "free breakfast" which turned out to be unedible, and the rooms were disgusting.
lodge motor inn has newish management and i guess they are in the process of redoing the place with about half the rooms repainted, carpets redone and the beds pretty comfortable. pretty quiet too.
the only downside to this place is that the pillows are less than ideal.

Date of stay: December 2010
1  Thank travelalotalot
Reviewed July 23, 2009

Stayed here one night on our way out to the coast on a cross Canada road trip. You get what you pay for; room was only $79 for the night. Furniture and carpets are a bit worst for wear, but the place was clean. Beds were comfortable, and the room size in general was above average. I would stay here again....

Date of stay: June 2009
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed March 27, 2009

We usually travel with our dog, a quiet mini dachshund but travelling with a dog limits some of the places you can stay. So, when we got in touch they said sure the dog can stay...$10 extra (which is no big deal...pet fee is pretty standard)

But this place was horrible from walking in to leaving!! The manager offered my husband a "deal" on a kitchenette for $156, which because we were feeling like treating ourselves and our kids a bit we took. Anything over an hour in the room you've paid for the night. Unfortunately The kids & I were dropped off while hubby went to get supper, by the time he got back we were over the hour. (the hotel next door was willing to offer us a kitchenette with the dog for $99/night and was a MUCH nicer place, but we c ouldn't get our $$ back to go over there)

The room was filthy and a hazard!! There was a futon in the "living room" that shook shen our kids sat on it (our oldest was 4...I can't even imagine a full grown adult on it) electrical sockets with no plates on them and hanging out of the wall, The kitchen was gross and dirty...period.

This place was so bad that we spent the time that we were awake coralling the kids into the middle of the "living room" so that we could see what they were doing to keep them safe. When it came time for bed, the kids' bed had a crease across the middle (looks like the frame was broken, and too heavfy a butt in the bed would have folded it up on you. this same bed had one leg being supported by the Gideon Bible to keep it from toppling over. I don't even remember what our bed was like, i spent too much of that night scared to death and checking on the kids.

I refused to let t dog out of her kennel except to go out to pee (another story here...we were told that she had to be taken out behind the building to do her business...that, I totally get...except that behind the building was nothing but broken glass and needles, mixed with the unsavory types that would be comfortable in that type of environment) I took her out once, after that my husband did. But in the room was simply TOO DIRTY for our dog...yuck

Never mind the partiers on ALL sides (above too!) On top of all this, management had the nerve to chide us about what would happen if our dog or kids wrecked the room...excuse me...but even if we all trashed the room...there is no way, and I mean NO WAY that anyone could have told the difference as long as the windows weren't broken and the door still closed.

Date of stay: December 2008
6  Thank Clan_McDermott
Reviewed September 29, 2008

Booked two rooms by for the month as we were working in Edmonton. At check in everything seemed okay and it was slightly nicer than the inn next door. They had no kitchenettes available so I booked two regular rooms for $550/week each.
Everything went down hill from there.
Cleaning service would not even empty garbage and the bathrooms were in such a state of disrepair that the tiles were falling out of the shower walls and at one point the cover from the fan in the bathroom fell of and water and mold splashed all over the room. When they finally fixed the fan they did not even wipe up the mess.
It quickly became clear that the rates I was paying were more than the long term guests as some of them would rummage through the dumpster every morning.
The parties were the real deal breaker though as we needed to be at work every morning at 6 am and after 4 nights in a row of having to listen to load parties and yelling and screaming in the parking lot until the police finally showed up at 4 am I complained to the office that they had to evict the other guest or we would not be staying only to be told that if the noise was too load they could move me to a different room.
Though the manager was very apologetic as we were packing it was too little to late. We found two kitchenettes a little further out on Stoney Plains Road for only 375/week each and are much happier here where the management would rather have good quiet renters and have a few empty rooms rather than just filling every room with anybody who needs a place to drink.

Date of stay: September 2008
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank kaloogan