“Just WONDERFUL!”
Review of Matrix Hotel

Matrix Hotel
Ranked #11 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Reviewed January 22, 2009

This was my first big trip to Edmonton with my husband. We checked in late and missed the wine and cheese our first night, but the girl at the front desk suggested a great restaurant, and even got us VIP passes to a nightclub nearby! The staff seem really knowledgeable about the area, and were really helpful! The room was beautiful, very modern, and the beds were really comfortable. It was really warm for most of the night, though, and the heating was having some sort of problem. the breakfest was way more than we expected. We had egg frittata's, and we were just expecing toast and muffins (they have that, too, though). We had a wonderful time, and when we come up to visit family and friends, we'll probably choose to stay here instead next time!

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business

Reviewed January 22, 2009

All I can say is wow! Not only is this hotel very classy and modern, the rates were fantastic. If I'm ever going to Edmonton again, I will without a doubt stay here again.

Room was very cool. Bed was huge, sweet marble desk and amazing huge LCD screen. Not too sure about the huge cylindrical red pillow though (see picture for clarification).. Fridge was a nice addition. Gym was very nice, as was the business center. Sweet decor.

I do have to mention the stuff I wasn't not too fond of, though. A/C was pretty weak. Yes, I know it's Alberta and usually freezing; but when I was there it was surprisingly sunny and I like the room to be freezing at night. While free wifi was available the signal in my room was very weak, it was better in the lobby though. Bathroom was kind of small, and the door was more like a partition. Not too sure about location (didn't have much time for sight-seeing but nothing of interest withing the vicinity).

Still, all I wanted was a nice clean room and I got much more. Plus, rates were very very good.

Very highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed January 20, 2009

Superb in every way--especially for business travel. I chose this hotel based on Expedia's special pricing, and upon arriving for a 2-night stay discovered I was at a hotel I previously knew as the Inn on 7th. It was just ok back then.

Wow, how times have changed. The building seems like a former office building from the outside, but inside the makeover is brilliant.

Upon walking into my room I literally said "wow" out loud about three times...and I was alone. The room had everything I want in a great hotel room (except a microwave). It had a HUGE desk area and lots of additional shelf space. It had a bench that I was able to use for my suitcase (but also had a luggage rack in the closet), it had a large, flat screen TV with a squillion channels of satellite, it had a lovely bathroom...and on. Everything worked.

The bed was SUPER COMFY. Big heavy comforter wasn't too hot, actually was just right.

It was all super chic in grey fabrics and warm textured artwork. Lighting was perfect--good for in-bed reading and deskwork. Bath lighting was excellent for mirror use.

Best of all: FREE PARKING...something that's becoming very scarce at hotels. And free in-room Internet, too.

I used the gym twice--it's small, but had top-notch cardio equipment.

The staff was great. I arrived very quickly after making my online reservation, and my Expedia file had not yet arrived in their computer. The desk clerk figured out a work-around very quickly, checked me in, and assured me that they'd sort out the behind-the-scenes details once the pre-paid Expedia info came through. Excellent.

My only suggestion for them: they should match Expedia's pricing. I did my online research, and then called the hotel directly to see if they'd match (as the Expedia rate wasn't available on the hotel's site). I like to give hotels the chance to keep more money (they pay a big hit to "agency" sites like Expedia). Strangely, she told me they couldn't match Expedia, and I should book my room through Expedia. Money out of the hotel's pockets, I thought.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank jrandalls
Reviewed January 17, 2009

I am a small business owner, and had to be in Edmonton over a rush for the Christmas season. I arrived the morning of Christmas Eve, and needed a hotel room ASAP. My cab driver suggested "The Matrix". It has a great location that was close to places I needed to be in and around the 26, 27, and 28th of December.

When I arrived, the staff was AMAZING to be, and helped me out in anyway I needed. I was late for a last minute meeting, but they were able to check me in, and get me set up in no time.

My room was the cleanest I've seen in awhile, and had everything I needed in it.

I've seen my fair share of hotels, as I do a lot of traveling, but The Matrix is high on my list.

When I had to check out, the process was quick and speedy, and I was back off to Vancouver.

The next time I'm in Edmonton, I will be going back to the Matrix. I read a negative review about this hotel, but DON'T BELIEVE IT. This hotel is FAR from average. Everything from the front lobby to the walk-in closet in my room impressed me about this hotel.

Top notch guys! Keep up the good work! I'll see you next time I'm in Edmonton.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank GG_Gonzalez
Reviewed January 14, 2009

Who wants to be working Christmas Eve???It seemed to me that the Staff of Matrix Edmonton did. My wife and I rushed in a little earlier then expected and the matrix was very accomadating. At the time they were also able to extend our staff quickly and efficently. The rooms, which we originally thought, would have been to rich for our blood were everything and more then what the pictures on the web site promised. I do not know what the prices are now, but our stay was very resonable.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple