Matrix Hotel
$91
$110
$99
2,892 results
All reviewswine tastingwildflower grillplatinum suitefree parkingdowntown edmontongreat hotelfree wine and cheesebreakfast buffetmini barbusiness tripbathroom doorcentral locationrooms are cleana great stayhome away from homeenjoyed my stayfront desk staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 6, 2014

I only stayed one night. I had a room on the 10th floor at the end of the hall. I found the room to be surprisingly small, everything seemed squished into the room. Having said that the design is lovely, a nice contemporary feel. The room was clean, the bed was big and comfy.
The one thing that did bother me was the blue temperature light on the fridge, it felt like I had a very bright nightlight in the room.
There was a complimentary wine tasting while I was staying at the hotel, snacks were also available, a nice touch.
The location of the hotel is about 1 block south of Jasper avenue with several restaurants nearby. I ate at the hotel restaurant and wasn't disappointed.
Parking is hard to find when the hotel is busy. I am not sure I would stay again.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

The Matrix was an excellent place to stay. Especially, the staff went out of their way to be helpful. When I came downstairs at 2:30 in the morning (jet lag), one opened the hospitality lounge for me and showed me how to make any kind of coffee I liked. The business center is also always available. I met the manager, Olaf, and he is warm and friendly, like the staff.

Room Tip: Like in any hotel, I'd suggest not having a room right beside the elevators, if you are sensitive to noise.
1  Thank Elsa321
Olaf M, General Manager at Matrix Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Dear Elsa321,

Thank you for your kind review! We were so happy to have you stay with us and it was a pleasure meeting you. We are thrilled you enjoyed out hotel and hope you return soon!

Reviewed January 31, 2014

My 1st time staying at the Matrix. I will definitely stay again! Central location, great customer service, comfortable bed, a clean room, and an AMAZING complimentary breakfast! Only a few minor annoyances - 1) the room I had was directly across from the elevator and every time the door opened the automated voice announced the floor; and 2) there was a valve on the radiant heating system that would clunk open when the heat turned on. Both of these annoyances were solved by wearing ear plugs (standard equipment in any business travellers kit). The television was very big and bright with a great selection of channels and the WiFi worked well.

Enjoy your stay!

Room Tip: Request a room away from the elevator!

Dear 1_4_adventure,

Thank you for choosing the Matrix Hotel! We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us! We are sorry you found the elevators disruptive, we would be happy to have you in a room away from the elevator on your next stay!

Thank you again for your review! We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed January 24, 2014

I stayed in early January 2014 on business.

I was early arriving to Edmonton from Calgary, and called ahead to ask if early check-in was possible. I was told by the front desk to come, and if a room was available they would provide one to me - not very reassuring, but worth a shot.

I was in luck that a room was available on the 15th floor when I arrived mid-morning. I am familiar with WestCorps other properties in Edmonton, and this lives up to the standards of the Met on Whyte. The room is large and bright. Furniture and linens give a modern contemporary feel to the space.

The bed is comfortable, and the rooms quiet enough to get a good night sleep.

A fridge in the room is fully stocked with beer, wine, liquor and snacks for purchase.

A keurig coffee maker and a variety of pods are included.

On the days that I stayed, in the room that I was located in, the internet was hit and miss during certain times of the evening. Not a big deal, I tethered to my phone when I needed stability to upload a project (free in room internet is not intended to be the same quality as paid internet, afterall).

Good water pressure, basic bathroom facilities.

I did not have a chance to enjoy the restaurant downstairs, although I've heard good tings about it.

There is a Starbucks onsite, which was handy.

Parking was a bit of a nightmare because the lot is also a public pay lot. While there was always one or two spots open, the challenge became getting to that one spot.

I look forward to staying at the Matrix again in a couple of weeks.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

first off id like to say my fiance and i had a lovely stay at the matrix hotel over christmas.. we checked in on dec 24th and checked out dec 26th, we stayed on the 16th floor in a platnuim suite for the 2 days we were there... and paid alot of money for our stay as well... everything was nice the room was clean...when we checked out we has accidently left a few idems behind in the bedroom closet... we called to notify the matrix hotel of the belongings behind in an idemized list... turns out only half of our things were recovered... i personally was very upset because i had left behind a very sentimental gift and it was one of the idems that were not recovered... my fault granted for not double checking but i would like to suggest to the matrix hotel that they screen their cleaning staff alot better as they do have a theif on staff...we took every mesure to recover our left behind idems thinking that they would all be returned seeing as we were only one of a few rooms rented out over christmas holidays...apperantly not! because of this we will NEVER stay at this hotel again.. not because it wasn't nice but because of the low standards of their staff on hand.... lesson learnt always double check your room! very sad about not recovering all of our things from this hotel and very dissapointed knowing that some one on the cleaning staff got to keep my brand new very expencive red velvet shoes and the rest of our things :( SHAME ON YOU!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lola881
Olaf M, General Manager at Matrix Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Dear lola881,

We are disappointed by your review of your stay with us as it was our understanding that together we had concluded that this was a lost and found issue. As some items were returned to you and this continues to be a sensitive issue, we ask that you contact us for further review.