“Great hotel!”
Review of Matrix Hotel

Matrix Hotel
Ranked #10 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I stayed at The Matrix for 2 weeks on a business trip to Edmonton and was I impressed. I travel 40 weeks of the year for business. The rooms are very up to date and well appointed. The complimentary hot buffet was delicous and the dishes were repelenished frequently. I also appreciated that the hot dishes varied from day to day. I took advantage of the complimentary wine and cheese most evenings. The only thing that I was dismayed by was the greed of some of the patrons who seemed to feel that the cheese should be their dinner so took more than there share. The staff generously refilled the cheese trays to try and keep up. The hotel is a 5 block walk to the City Centre Mall.

Room Tip: The even number rooms do get early noises from the trash dumpsters being emptied which disturbed me...

Reviewed November 15, 2012

When I travel for business I am usually traveling alone and I feel very safe and comfortable here. I have stayed here many times and I love the proximity to LRT, good reasonably priced restaurants, and a really good book store. Complimentary wine and cheese is served in a lovely room, and the breakfast is varied and tasty. Front desk staff are very friendly and helpful. Nice ladies clothing shop across the street. Nice for a couples weekend as well.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I really mean everything. The room was beautiful - the bed was huge and comfortable and the view from the 11th floor we were on was spectacular. We got to watch the sun rise in the morning and see the colours reflect off the mirrored windows.

The woman at reception was very helpful and friendly and there was a free wine and cheese sampling between 5.30 - 6.30, which was an excellent way to kick the night off. The weather was terrible, so we ate in the restaurant, which was also superb.

Very cool, clean, comfortable and central hotel and well worth the money. Go if you have the chance!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rustylou63
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Right downtown. Nicely decorated. Spacious enough. I had no problem with TV on this visit - did on one previous visit. Maybe they fixed something? Great breakfast with lots of selection and space. Wasn't able to take advantage of their nightly wine & appies. Room is well laid out with lots of table space for computer, etc.Free wifi. Real hangers in the closet. 2 comfy bathrobes. Will come back. Very friendly and efficient front staff.

Room Tip: Have stayed here 3 times. All rooms are fine.
Reviewed November 7, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed here for a few days...overall a decent little hotel, well located. Honestly, there are a few little things that make it annoying to stay here...lack of parking...you end up in an impark lot worried about getting tickets. And the rooms are nice, albeit a touch small, with good amenities. One thing that every single person I talked to had a problem with was the televisions in the rooms. Despite the little instruction card, good luck getting the satelite receiver to turn on in conjunction with the TV. Nothing like wanting to unwind after a day of meetings with a little TV only to end up giving up in frustration. Not a bad little spot, but when you need a PhD to turn the TV on? You can find better nearby for less. Sounds petty I know, but really? The TV's? Gimmie a break.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

My friend and I stayed at this hotel in October, we were in Edmonton on a shopping / girls weekend. The hotel was fantastic as were the staff, they had complimentry wine and cheese both nights that we were staying and what better way to kick off a night then a couple glasses of wine. The rooms were very clean and spacious - we had the free breakfast in the morning which we thought would be your typical toast, bagels muffins but but oh no the matrix hotel did not disapoint - numerous coffees to choose from hot eggs hash browns and I this sausage or bacon, fresh fruit and an assortment of baked goods. The staff here also go above and beyond we had trouble with the volume on our tv so someone came right up to fix it at 2am. I can't say enough good thinks about this hotel I will definantly be staying here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends