“Great little informal place to eat”

Artisan Bakery Cafe
Ranked #927 of 2,424 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: Contemporary, Canadian, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Garneau
Description: Artisan Resto-Cafe has been a mainstay in historic Old Strathcona for over ten years. We are located on the north side of Whyte Avenue, in the lower level of the Garneau Building which is formerly known as Saint Joseph's hospital. Initially started as a bakery-cafe, our family-run business has evolved into a premier breakfast, lunch and brunch destination in the area. The menu, which includes freshly-baked Artisan breads, offers North American and regional ethnic fare that is sure to satisfy small or large appetites alike. We offer a large selection of specialty desserts which are a great way to finish your meal or are enjoyable combined with something from our coffee bar as an evening treat. Either to delight in a cappuccino or sip a glass of wine, our relaxing, European-style atmosphere makes Artisan Resto-Cafe a great place to start or end your day.
Ottawa
“Great little informal place to eat”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Good food, good value, and a relaxed atmosphere. Ate there for both a breakfast and a dinner. Its not 5 star dining, but the prices are reflective of what it is - a good quality informal clean place to eat. Would definitely eat there again.

• Visited November 2012

Fort McMurray, Alberta
“Fresh food, good prices.”
Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

I've had breakfast here several times (e.g. Eggs Benny & Omeletes) and been very satisfied with the quality and the value for the food.

Breaky dishes come with fresh fruit on the side (i.e. a slice of each Canteloupe, Watermelon, Orange, Grapefruit and Kiwi).

Overall a very good breakfast choice.

Baltimore, Maryland, USA
“gluten free friendly”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Delicious fresh food, well prepared, with many options for those with celiac. even gluten-free toast!

Visited July 2012
Leduc
“Inexcusable Service”
Reviewed May 1, 2011

My wife and I went for breakfast on Sunday May 1st, we placed our order and my wife ordered the Bread Putting, about 30 later we notice people who came after us were being served but we still havent received ours. aAfew minutes wnt by and our waitress told us that it wouldnt be long for our food to arrive.
About 45 minutes after we ordered she came to our table and informed us that they did not have bread putting, well that didnt go over very well. My wife re ordered a fruit plate and croissant, she left and return telling us they didnt have any croissant, my wife than ordererd a muffin instead, she again left and returning saying they didnt have that muffin.

We finally left frustrated, hungry and swore we would never return to this place.

I still have a hard time to believe what had just happened.

Remi Daniel
Leduc Alberta

• Visited May 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
“Cute place with great food”
Reviewed March 24, 2011

I recently ate here while in Edmonton for a day trip, and was very pleased. The location is great, right on Whyte Ave among all of the nice shops. Food was great (I had the quiche), service was fast, and the decorations inside are just... well, cute. I sat right near the wishing well with a tree right in the middle of the room. Overall I was very pleased with this place, and it was one of my favorite meals of the trip.

• Visited March 2011