“Never disappointing”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed November 28, 2012

This is definitely one of our fave's and the food and service is always top notch. Lino & his staff go out of their way to make sure everyone feels welcome and have a fabulous dining experience. Can't wait to go back!

Reviewed October 29, 2012

I have been a customer of Lino's for the past 10 years and have never been disappointed with this gem of a restaurant. In fact I don't get to PiccoLino nearly as often as I'd like to! I appreciate that Lino meets many of his customers at the door and his attention to customer service is impeccable.

I always enjoy the delicious Italian food and find it to be extremely reasonably priced for the quality of food, the diverse options on the menu (including changing specials) and the large portion sizes. I have yet to be able to finish an entree here. The bruschetta is delicious (hope you like garlic!) and I personally love the gnocchi, although it is always served at blistering temperatures - allow time to let it cool!

The only downside to Lino's is that it is often busy. The restaurant only has about 80 seats, so it can be difficult to get in without a reservation. I also find that for a small restaurant, it can be very noisy when it is full. PiccoLino is at its best when it is quiet (ie. on a weeknight) and when you can stay to enjoy your meal and the customer service.

1  Thank laura_etc
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Went with friends to this much talked about restaurant to sample their wares, we were not disappointed! Ours friends shared the caesar salad we shared the Insalata Di Pomodori the caesar was good and enjoyed the pomodori was the right balance of acid to get the taste buds tuned up. I had the veal marsala with rigatoni my DW had the chicken parmagiana with roasted vegetables. Wow, both were excellent to say the least.
Our friends had a veggie and angel hair pasta specially recommended by our server and the special was roasted chicken with risotto, both agreed that they were very satisfied. A simple dessert of blueberry cheese cake, rich fruit and smooth cream cheese and tiramisu a very nice finish. A minor issue was that the coffee was a little on the weak and thin of flavour.
Some reviews mentioned that the place was noisy and the staff was overly friendly with some of the customers, we also noted this. I know when I return to a favourite restaurant that I am known at I very much appreciate the acknowledgement that I have returned. To me that just shows me that the place is well liked and has many returned customers. As far as the noise, it's a Bistro its should to be lively!

Reviewed June 27, 2012

My family and I have dined at this warm establishment as well as my company team up from the US. We felt what true customer service, warm hospitality and absolutely delicious home cooked Italian cuisine is. This is a neighborhood location that reflects the word "neighbor" in it's entirety.

Brilliant food, service and ambience. Reservations are a must but worth the phone call. In the plethora of chain restaurants, this family owned diamond shines through.

Loved it.

Reviewed June 5, 2012

It was 19:00hrs on Friday night. The resturant was busy as is usually the case. The food was good but not exceptional. The price was fair. The service was less so, of special note was our waiter who seemed to be too knowledgeable (all knowing) to be sensitive to our needs. The venue is small and usually packed so intimate conversation is usually impossible. I'll go back but no rush to do so.