Hampton Inn and Suites by Hilton Edmonton/West
Ranked #4 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Reviewed August 9, 2010

We spent a few days at the Hampton during a trip to Edmonton with the kids. Although it's not exactly walking distance to Edmonton's attractions (I suppose the West Edmonton Mall might be about a 30 minute walk), if you have a car it is the perfect spot . We had one of the suite rooms, giving us 2 queen + pullout couch; ideal for our setup.

The location is a little bit awkward on a one way street with construction next door but that is the only even slightly negative thing I could think of after scratching my head for a while and that'll all be better once the neighbouring hotel is finished (soon.)

It's a perfect spot for travelling with kids. Great pool, nice complimentary hot breakfast, friendly and helpful staff. Deserves its top rating on TripAdvisor (and it was nice to see the hotel bragging about it with a sign out front!)

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Ketteringham, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites by Hilton Edmonton/West, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2010

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you very much for offering the positive feedback regarding your recent stay with us here at the Hampton Inn and Suites, Edmonton West.

I’m glad that you found our hotel to be “the perfect spot for travelling with kids” and I would agree that it’s also the perfect spot for those wanting to visit the West Edmonton Mall.

Thank you also for mentioning the great staff here at the Hampton as I believe they are absolutely the reason we remain the number one spot on TripAdvisor. Your experience is a direct result of the passion that they have for their work.

The construction is coming to a close next door and soon all who stay with us will benefit from the added amenities and road access to and from the property.

Thank you once again and I hope you’ll join us the next time you’re in the neighbourhood looking for “the perfect spot for your kids”.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn and Suites by Hilton Edmonton/West

Reviewed August 2, 2010

This was a great hotel to spend two nights in Edmonton. Everything was very professional, from the check-in, to the clean and quiet rooms, fantastic beds and pillows. We were very impressed with the service received at the complimentary breakfast both mornings - the offerings were considerable, and the gentleman managing the breakfast was very friendly and efficient. We would definitely recommend this hotel for future guests.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Ketteringham, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites by Hilton Edmonton/West, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2010

Dear Valued Gust;

Thank you very much for forwarding your comments regarding your recent stay with us at the Hampton Inn and Suites, Edmonton West.

I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed our beds, pillows and the complimentary breakfast we offer. I would agree that we have a great room product and many great amenities which our loyal guests enjoy each day.

I must say that I am particularly pleased with the fact that you considered the service to be impressive and professional. This entire team is very proud of what they do and I will be sure to pass along the positive feedback as I believe it is the people that ultimately make the difference for us all. Please know that I will also be offering a special thank you to that “Gentleman who manages the breakfast area” as I too would agree that he is a fantastic member of our team and he’s clearly done something worthy of your special mention and mine.

Travel safe and should you find yourself headed back to the Edmonton area please know that breakfast is ready for you here at the Hampton at 6am every morning.

Reviewed July 29, 2010

Stayed here for 2 nights in july. This hotel is beautiful! The lobby is large and inviting, with a super big free breakfast area. Its nicely decorated, with a large fireplace. The front desk staff was great, they talked to me by name, and it was a quick check-in. Our room was lovely, modern and clean. The bed was super comfy, and there was an HD TV. The bathroom was large and spacious, with lots of towels. We swam in the pool on our second night, it was great. Not too busy, and the hours of the pool are great, as it's opened later at night too. We were visiting the west edmonton mall, and its only a short drive to get there.
I would like to say that our room didnt have a little fridge, which would have been nice to keep some drinks cold, and the movie we rents from the TV was 16 Dollars!!! Which was crazy. But other than that, the stay was awesome, and ill definatly stay again, if I'm ever back in edmonton!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Ketteringham, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites by Hilton Edmonton/West, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2010

Dear Valued Gust;

Thank you very much for providing the “Great” feedback regarding your recent stay with us at the Hampton Inn and Suites, Edmonton West. We’re pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay and we certainly invite you to join us again the next time you’re in the Edmonton area.

Our front office team and the hotel’s cleanliness are consistently mentioned in Tripadvisor articles and please know that every opportunity is taken to pass on the gift of “great” feedback. This gift comes back to each of our guests as it helps generate the pride that inspires the “great” work that they do.

Many of our hotel amenities have been mentioned in this particular write up and we are very proud of the rich product that we are able offer. I would like to mention that over 40 of our rooms do have fridges and by request we can usually accommodate all who require them. I apologize for the missed opportunity here as we could have created an even better experience than the “great” one you’ve described.

As a traveler I would acknowledge the increasing costs associated with in-room movies and perhaps that will shift in time. I hope the “Big Free Breakfast”, complimentary internet service and free parking did take some of the pressure off and I hope that you did perceived your experience as being one of good overall value for dollar.

With sincere thanks,

Reviewed July 26, 2010

The room was nice and it was clean and we had ample towels and amenities. The pool was nice with the volleyball net but the floor in the pool room does not have non-slip tile so it was very slippery in there. Hot tub was nice. My biggest complaint was the mattress - way too soft for us - really had trouble sleeping because I woke up every time my husband rolled over - the mattress is soft so it rolls everytime someone moves. Free breakfast was OK - but I've certainly had better ones at other Hilton family hotels. Right now the parking situation is a little messy because of the construction next door. It was close to the West Edmonton Mall which is what we wanted. But it's on a one-way street and there's a lot of road construction in the area - so it was tricky trying to get back to the hotel from the mall. Make sure you have a map of the area or talk to the front desk to get help with navigation. Most likely your GPS won't know about the road construction. Still like the hotel. I stay often at Hilton family hotels. I prefer the Homewood Suites because of the availability of larger rooms. But this one was fine for a Hampton.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Ketteringham, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites by Hilton Edmonton/West, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2010

To all readers

We’re glad to hear that this guest enjoyed the hotel and we certainly hope they’ll join us the next time they happen to be in Edmonton. Many of our guests are return visitors and it is that loyalty and the popularity of the west end that is driving the growth and development in the area.

Since their recent departure I should share that we’ve added over 100 new parking stalls including some space for those oversized vehicles which many travellers enjoy this time of year. All who visit the property will soon have access to many additional amenities once the project is complete. Some of those amenities will include afternoon and evening dining, a licensed lounge as well as the “perks” of one of the world’s most recognised coffee brands. Vehicle access to and from our property will also be enhanced in all directions including easy access to the Anthony Henday which is one of the most convenient routes to the airport and more. Any one of our passionate front office associates is available to provide personalized service and directions on a 24 hour basis.

A good night’s sleep is absolutely what we aim to provide at the Hampton and here in Edmonton it is consistent with the worldwide brand as we feature the Serta Tranquility mattress and box spring set and a crisp, white duvet cover, enveloping a plush down-like comforter with white 200-thread count sheets and a fitted bottom sheet. We certainly acknowledge that firmness is very subjective as body type and personal preference can vary with each guest.

We do have many great amenities for both the business traveller as well as families and we are extremely close to North America’s largest shopping centre. Once again we’re very appreciative that our guests are returning and that we continue to be rated by those guests as one of Edmonton’s best hotels.

Reviewed July 14, 2010

This is a very friendly, clean hotel, located about 10 minutes from the West Edmonton Mall. We were able to park with our tent trailer in the hotel parking lot. The hotel is not very old so the decor is very modern and tasteful. There was construction going on next door but we couldn't hear it from our room. The service at the front desk was very welcoming. (Thank you Ricky!) Our room with two queen sized beds was quite spacious. The bathroom had a beautiful vanity and was also a good size. The pool area is bright with a kiddie pool, regular pool and hot tub. This area was also very clean and towels were always plentiful. Breakfast was included with the room and was very good - just very busy and some guests had to sit on couches as there weren't enough empty tables, but staff were certainly doing what they could to find seating. All employees seemed happy to be working here. I would definitely stay here again with my family!

1  Thank OntarioKerr
Ketteringham, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites by Hilton Edmonton/West, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2010

Dear Valued Guest;

Thank you very much for taking the time to offer feedback regarding your recent stay with us at the Hampton Inn and Suites, Edmonton West. Your comments are appreciated and they will be used in an effort to further improve our product as we move forward.

We are blessed to have those who discover our hotel return and it is that loyalty which enriches our breakfast area and the hotel in general.

I’m glad to hear that Ricky served you well and please know that he will be celebrated for the comments you’ve offered. I can assure you that everyone on this team takes great pride in what they do and your reinforcement contributes directly to all of our satisfaction as associates.

The work next to our hotel is coming to a close and the enhancement to the neighborhood is going to be absolutely fantastic for our guests with the added amenities provided.

I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I hope you’ll join us the next time you’re in the Edmonton area as we do recognize that you have choices.

With sincere thanks,

Reviewed July 13, 2010

This was the second time staying at the Hampton Inn and it was as great as the first time. The staff is wonderful, they took extra time to treat us and our children like royalty. The evening staff took photos of my daughter in her new princess dress, looked for a special tool to take my son's new toy out of its package and when we left, allowed my 2 year old to take a key card home. He carried that key card around for months,he's now 3 and is currently looking for the key to take to "his hotel" We are looking forward to staying again later this month on our way to BC and for 3 days on our way back home to Saskatchewan.
We never have to worry about the hotel or the kind of stay we will have while at Hampton Inn, and we've recommended this hotel to all our friends.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank cyndidreger
Ketteringham, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites by Hilton Edmonton/West, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2010

Dear Valued Guest;

Thank you very much for selecting the Hampton Inn and Suits, Edmonton West once again. I’m very pleased to hear that “it was as great as the first time” as we believe that consistency is critical to the success of our property.

Our team continues to focus on our Brand Story which states that we are “sparking connections around the world” and I’m absolutely delighted to hear how the team generated that memorable experience for you and your children this time around.

We too look forward to your next visit and I hope we’re able to continue to generate those emotional connections which result in great stories like the very ones you’ve just provided.

Please let your son and “the princess” know that a new set of keys is ready and waiting for them in anticipation of their “royal” arrival.

Reviewed June 20, 2010

We stayed at this hotel for 6 nights, and can only give a glowing review. It was VERY clean, which is important to me. We felt right at home. The employees seemed to go out of their way to be friendly and accomodating to us. The breakfast was great, the pool was wonderful, and the bed was so comfortable. We stayed here with our two little boys and they loved it, too! They constantly begged to go swimming, of course. I usually do not sleep very well in hotels, but I slept like a log. I highly recommend this hotel if you are in the Edmonton area. I wouldn't have taken the time to come out to this website to give them a great review if my stay had been average.

Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Ketteringham, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites by Hilton Edmonton/West, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2010

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to offer your comments regarding your recent stay with us at the Hampton Inn and Suites, Edmonton West.

I’m always delighted to hear feedback from guests like you who stay for more than a few days as I believe your impressions are a true reflection of the climate and overall service culture within the hotel. Every member of this team works hard to generate those emotional connections with our guests and I’m glad to hear that you “felt right at home”.

I hope you’ll join us the next time you’re in the neighborhood and please know that we’ll "leave the porch light on" in anticipation of your arrival.

Thank you once again.