“Great Edmonton Hotel!”

Hampton Inn and Suites by Hilton Edmonton/West
Ranked #4 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Reviewed July 14, 2010

This is a very friendly, clean hotel, located about 10 minutes from the West Edmonton Mall. We were able to park with our tent trailer in the hotel parking lot. The hotel is not very old so the decor is very modern and tasteful. There was construction going on next door but we couldn't hear it from our room. The service at the front desk was very welcoming. (Thank you Ricky!) Our room with two queen sized beds was quite spacious. The bathroom had a beautiful vanity and was also a good size. The pool area is bright with a kiddie pool, regular pool and hot tub. This area was also very clean and towels were always plentiful. Breakfast was included with the room and was very good - just very busy and some guests had to sit on couches as there weren't enough empty tables, but staff were certainly doing what they could to find seating. All employees seemed happy to be working here. I would definitely stay here again with my family!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank OntarioKerr
Ketteringham, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites by Hilton Edmonton/West, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2010

Dear Valued Guest;

Thank you very much for taking the time to offer feedback regarding your recent stay with us at the Hampton Inn and Suites, Edmonton West. Your comments are appreciated and they will be used in an effort to further improve our product as we move forward.

We are blessed to have those who discover our hotel return and it is that loyalty which enriches our breakfast area and the hotel in general.

I’m glad to hear that Ricky served you well and please know that he will be celebrated for the comments you’ve offered. I can assure you that everyone on this team takes great pride in what they do and your reinforcement contributes directly to all of our satisfaction as associates.

The work next to our hotel is coming to a close and the enhancement to the neighborhood is going to be absolutely fantastic for our guests with the added amenities provided.

I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I hope you’ll join us the next time you’re in the Edmonton area as we do recognize that you have choices.

With sincere thanks,

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn and Suites by Hilton Edmonton/West

Reviewed July 13, 2010

This was the second time staying at the Hampton Inn and it was as great as the first time. The staff is wonderful, they took extra time to treat us and our children like royalty. The evening staff took photos of my daughter in her new princess dress, looked for a special tool to take my son's new toy out of its package and when we left, allowed my 2 year old to take a key card home. He carried that key card around for months,he's now 3 and is currently looking for the key to take to "his hotel" We are looking forward to staying again later this month on our way to BC and for 3 days on our way back home to Saskatchewan.
We never have to worry about the hotel or the kind of stay we will have while at Hampton Inn, and we've recommended this hotel to all our friends.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank cyndidreger
Ketteringham, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites by Hilton Edmonton/West, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2010

Dear Valued Guest;

Thank you very much for selecting the Hampton Inn and Suits, Edmonton West once again. I’m very pleased to hear that “it was as great as the first time” as we believe that consistency is critical to the success of our property.

Our team continues to focus on our Brand Story which states that we are “sparking connections around the world” and I’m absolutely delighted to hear how the team generated that memorable experience for you and your children this time around.

We too look forward to your next visit and I hope we’re able to continue to generate those emotional connections which result in great stories like the very ones you’ve just provided.

Please let your son and “the princess” know that a new set of keys is ready and waiting for them in anticipation of their “royal” arrival.

Reviewed June 20, 2010

We stayed at this hotel for 6 nights, and can only give a glowing review. It was VERY clean, which is important to me. We felt right at home. The employees seemed to go out of their way to be friendly and accomodating to us. The breakfast was great, the pool was wonderful, and the bed was so comfortable. We stayed here with our two little boys and they loved it, too! They constantly begged to go swimming, of course. I usually do not sleep very well in hotels, but I slept like a log. I highly recommend this hotel if you are in the Edmonton area. I wouldn't have taken the time to come out to this website to give them a great review if my stay had been average.

Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Ketteringham, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites by Hilton Edmonton/West, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2010

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to offer your comments regarding your recent stay with us at the Hampton Inn and Suites, Edmonton West.

I’m always delighted to hear feedback from guests like you who stay for more than a few days as I believe your impressions are a true reflection of the climate and overall service culture within the hotel. Every member of this team works hard to generate those emotional connections with our guests and I’m glad to hear that you “felt right at home”.

I hope you’ll join us the next time you’re in the neighborhood and please know that we’ll "leave the porch light on" in anticipation of your arrival.

Reviewed June 15, 2010

So I liked this hotel, I love staying in new hotels, they're clean and comfortable and have nice TV's and bedding. This HI is typical of any newer HI in design and style of hotel, so for me this is a plus. I want to the say the staff and service was excellent, but both time I've stayd here it's been a late check in 11 PM and drive off at 6AM, that being said I was promptly checked in and and able to sleep shortly after.

Would this rank in my top 10 hotels of all time? No. But it's definitely a nice hotel for business.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Ketteringham, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites by Hilton Edmonton/West, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2010

Dear Valued Guest:

On behalf of us all at the Hampton Inn and Suites, Edmonton West I wish to say thank you for the positive feedback. I’m delighted you’ve enjoyed your stay and I particularly like the fact that you consider our two and a half year old property to be like new. It certainly presents itself as a new property and this is directly a result of the great pride and efforts of the team which I am blessed to be working with. I will certainly be sharing your comments with those who deserve it and I hope you’ll join us the next time you’re in the Edmonton area.

Hopefully for your third visit with us you’ll leave yourself the extra time to take in some of the many great attractions which are very nearby.

Reviewed June 13, 2010

Chose this hotel due to its proximity to friends we were visiting before driving to Calgary to fly home the following day. Despite being last guests to check in we were still greeted by a very chatty and friendly receptionist.

Room very comfortable and spacious and nice and quiet. Decent enough complimentary breakfast and hotel all feels comfortable and homely.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Ketteringham, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites by Hilton Edmonton/West, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2010

Dear valued guest:
Thank you very much for taking the time to offer your comments. We’re glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and that you found our location to be convenient. We’re blessed to have that easy access to the main arteries and to be very close to many of Edmonton’s most popular attractions including the West Edmonton Mall.
You may have been the last to arrive that evening however we work hard to ensure every guest is treated as if they are the first. I hope you’ll consider joining us the next time you’re in Edmonton and I hope we continue to offer you a warm welcome at whatever time of day you decide to walk through our front door.

Reviewed April 14, 2010

I stayed in this hotel after doing some research on Trip Advisor. My husband , myself and our 5 year old son, along with my sister in-law and her husband and their 2 small children all checked-in on a Saturday and check out on Tuesday morning. On Sunday my son, sister-in law, her husband and two children all got stuck in the hotel's elevator. It was 45 min before the hotel was able to get an elevator service person to come and "rescue" them. In my opinion this was just way too long, especially with small children. The hotel manager only offered us a choice of passes to the water park or Galaxy land or at the West Edmonton Mall, or dinner at a local restaurant. To me this just falls short of customer service. If it were 10 mins that they were stuck, then yes this is acceptable compensation, but 45 min, come on, it should have been dinner and water park passes or a free night's stay. Other than that, the "hot breakfast" is great-Michelle the lady who had prepared the breakfast area/food in the morning was super friendly and very helpful. The pool area is great, if you have small children, and the rooms were very clean and modern. We would probably stay here again, but wished there was a little more compensation for the elevator incident as the children were a little traumatized.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
Ketteringham, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites by Hilton Edmonton/West, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2010

Thank you very much for the feedback and comments regarding your recent stay with us at the Hampton Inn and Suites, Edmonton West. We do consider your feedback a gift and we have discussed it internally. As a result have made some adjustments aimed at improving our overall operation.
We do recognise that, at times, our mechanical systems can cause challenges and/or fail us and we would acknowledge that these isolated incidents create discomfort for us all. We’re sincerely sorry that this did occur during your recent visit however we are glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience enough to consider returning.
Our team works extremely hard to satisfy each of its valued guests and we’ve proudly been recognised by those guests as being one of the top performing properties in all of Edmonton. Please know that we will work to “better our best” during your next visit and we’re hopeful that your loyalty will be further restored as we do recognise that as a consumer you have choices.

Reviewed April 12, 2010

Entering the hotel was similar to putting on a favorite pair of shoes.. Comfortable. The people were so friendly, the bed was great to sleep in and the room felt like home vs a hotel room. I had a nice place for my laptop and space to move and breathe. I really loved the atmosphere and to top it off, sat down to a nice breakfast in the morning with hot coffee.

Thanks Hamptons for a great stay!

Chris Reid

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Ketteringham, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites by Hilton Edmonton/West, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2010

Thank you very much for taking the time to offer your feedback. We are absolutely delighted that you selected the Hampton Inn and Suites, Edmonton West and we look forward to serving you the next time you're in town. We will continue to work hard to provide that level of comfort you enjoyed each and every time you stay with us.