“Dissapointed!”

Hampton Inn and Suites by Hilton Edmonton/West
Ranked #4 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Reviewed February 24, 2010

After reviewing all the posative feedback on Trip Advisor we, myself, mother, step-father, sister and her two small kids decided to stay at this hotel. When we went to check-in there was no one at the Front Desk, a very nice lady finally came to check us in after us knocking on the door behind the Front Desk and waiting at leats 5-10 minutes. We asked for a crib to be in our room and we got a portable playpen which, we bring every time we go somewhere having small kids. Advertise playpen than, not crib.

My sister's husband came to join us the first night unexpectedly and when we went to the pool the kids pool was closed, the hot tub was closed and the pool was too deep for my niece and nephew to play in so we couldn't use anything. When my sisters husband went into the other bed in the morning because thier room had two beds they heard crunchiing which, was chips inbetween the bed sheets and none of us had chips in the room leading us to believe the bed linens weren't cleaned from the previous people staying in the room, which is discusting!

We checked out early and when we went to have breakfast there was no room to sit so they brought us to a really far boardroom like area to eat and it was very inconvienient because every time we wanted something else we had to take all the kids and walk all the way back because we didn't feel comfortable going back and forth alone. Also, the chairs rolled and my nephew fell and banged his chin because there were no infant seats availiable, not practical at all. At check-out there were two very upset people that thier cars got broken into or stolen, I couldn't quite hear the conversation but it made me concerned and I went to go check my car, my mothers car and my brother'n laws vehicle right away.

When we mentioned the chips in the bed and that they weren't ours a lady with glasses on and a strong accent laughed and pretended like it never happened and asked if we're putting the charges on the card given. Hello, we had dirty sheets! No pool access, no hot tub access and we had challanges at breakfast and were concerned we wouldn't have a vehicle to go home in! We will never stay here again and will recommend to all our friends the same. Too bad, the hotel looks new but too much trouble. Oh and did I mention the construction people building something in front of the hotel screaming outside first thing in the morning, nice way to be woken up. Definitly not worth it!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Travels_Hot_Places

Reviewed February 4, 2010

From the get go:
Friendly staff, amazing service, clean rooms, I swear I have not gotten this type of service at 5 star hotels, and I have stayed at more than one. Alice, Ricky, Maria, to name a few of the awesome staff, not to mention how great housekeeping has been- I am so impressed. Great with kids, polite, they make you feel like you are VIP. My only complaint is that the bathrooms in the suites don't have sinks in them and the sink is outside the bathroom (yucky). But even that is bearable because the rest of the place makes up for it. Otherwise, the regular rooms have enormous bathrooms in them with sinks in the bathrooms. We have a few more days to go-8 days all together here at the Hampton Inn and Suites, and if they are anything like they have been, I will be coming back. Loved it. Oh and BTW- the pool is awesome...

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank velveteengirl
Reviewed January 29, 2010

I was impressed. Upon booking I requested a playpen and found it to be assembled and waiting in our room at check in.

Breakfast was more complete than the usual continentals. Rooms were large enough and clean. I had my 10-month old with me and didn't feel nervous about letting him crawl around.

West Edmonton Mall is a $15 cab ride away. And the lack of sidewalks (not sure if they don't exist or are buried in snow in winter) made it difficult to get to the Mayfield Common shopping area north of the hotel on foot. Cab cost $8.

Kiddie pool was a treat for the baby although it seemed a little chilly to me.

Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank FortyBelow
Reviewed January 23, 2010

We stayed here for a night last week and overall were happy with what we got.

I won't repeat what others have said as I tend to agree with it all.

There is no bar or eaterie in the hotel so you are limited if you haven't eaten prior to arriving. There is a kind of "tuck shop" that sells various items including microwave meals but you have to ask reception to get the microwave out for you to use.

We walked to the hotel down the street for something to eat but this in itself was an expedition as the pavement is unfinished and it was about two feet deep in snow. The hotel itself is on a busy road which seems to be in a kind of hotel area, this meant that walking on the road wasn't an option.

The pool has no changing area and when I enquired at the reception desk the staff didn't know the answer either, quoting that they thought it may have! If it has then we couldn't find it.

Overall, as others have said, it is clean and tidy with a pool, but I felt that it lacked any character. The lack of bar or dining facilities would make me stay elsewhere in future.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Taylor6971
Reviewed January 7, 2010

Stayed here for 2 nights in October. The hotel is very modern and clean, and the rooms are great. Very clean and well appointed, with comfortable beds. The staff were excellent - very friendly and helpful. The first room we were given (203) was above the pool area and was quite noisy with some sort of vibration from either the pool equipment or air conditioning equipment outside, making it impossible to sleep. After notifying the front desk they immediately moved us to another room at the front of the building (104) and that was fine.
Breakfast is good and includes both hot and cold items. The hotel has a business centre with PCs for internet access, also a guest laundry and ample free parking outside. The location is good - 5 minutes drive to the West Edmonton Mall, plus other restaurants etc nearby. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank OzDennyCrane
Reviewed January 2, 2010

Very gorgeous rooms and hotel. Very reasonably priced for this quality of hotel in Edmonton. The staff is amazingly helpful and friendly. Gym is full of brand new equipment. The pool is great for kids, complete with a kids pool and water fountain. However it makes for a very noisy pool. Pool is open until midnight which is great and I wish more hotels would have pools open late so travelers like myself can go there after the kids are all in bed. The free hot breakfast in the morning is really good, not your typical dry muffin or toast. The breakfasts include fresh fruit, toast, bagels, eggs, ham, pancakes etc. Definitely our new favorite place to stay in Edmonton.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank traveljunky81
Reviewed November 15, 2009

The rooms were huge and very clean. The staff were helpful and allowed us to check in early and leave our baggage with them after our check out time. The breakfast selections were good standard fare--you won't go hungry. The small pool area was well kept. An adult is required to supervise young swimmers (they will not allow teens to be in charge). A new building a is being built across the street so there is some construction noise during the day. The thermostat in our room didn't work very well and the fan in the bathroom either didn't work or is some passive system I am unfamiliar with. The beds were incredibly comfortable and white bedding passed by up close inspection. The bathroom is large and features curved shower rods and a massaging shower head. I was a little turned off by the fact the coffeemaker was located in the bathroom. The in-room iron came in handy. You will have to walk to restaurants as there is not one in the hotel. The overall cleanliness and friendly staff make this hotel definitely one to consider.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family