“pretty good just had a little hick up with milk for my coffee”

Hampton Inn and Suites by Hilton Edmonton/West
Ranked #4 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Nice location to get around everywhere, nice rooms and for the most part friendly staff. Awesome pool, spa and even a kid pool. my room had an awesome shower that was huge and great water pressure. I think I would book this hotel again just for the shower. I do wish with the size of the shower that they would add water jets but I'm sure that will come at some point.

I did find that when I came back at 15:30 in the afternoon that my room wasn't cleaned yet after my day at work but I saw my cleaner and she then cleaned my room right away.

If you have read my other reviews you know that I drink milk with my coffee not cream and all the hampton's I've been to only have cream out. I once again asked front desk who was more then ready to help me and other staff was in the kitchen who she said would help me. When I got there the young lady was not pleasant at all no smile and right away said the milk was locked. she offered me cream and when I said I don't use cream in my coffee, she made a look and a very loud sigh. I do apologize about the inconvenience but I have brought this up many times to all the Hampton's about milk and I am a paying customer. I have no need for faces or sighs. I work in the public and no matter how bad my day is I always smile and go the extra mile and staff in hotels I think that is a MUST.

1  Thank Glenn M
JordanMajeau, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites by Hilton Edmonton/West, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Bonjour Glenn M!
Thank you for taking the time to provide us a review and feedback on our Tripadvisor listing. I also appreciate that you took the time to speak with me in person on the day of your departure. We are pleased that you enjoyed the hotel itself even though you did have an interaction with one of our associates that did not meet your expectations. We recognize and appreciate that an experience in a hotel is made up of the sum total of a guests interactions with the property and the associates who work there. In order for someone to come away feeling like they had a positive experience; both of those interactions must be positive. We will take this as a coaching opportunity and will work hard to ensure that you and all future guests have a positive experience that is holistically positive. We hope to see you again in the future. Warmest regards!

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn and Suites by Hilton Edmonton/West

Reviewed November 15, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights and extremely satisfied with the room size and the cleanness of the room. Nice hotel lobby with great breakfast. Tried the exercise room and kids went into the pool. Both are first class. Would definitely recommend and stay again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Good day Linda R
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property for the Tripadvisor community. We are delighted to see that you and your family were made to feel like you had a “first class” experience at our hotel! We are fortunate to have a team that is made up of individuals who are 100% committed to ensuring that our families come away feeling like they made a good decision to stay at our property. We hope to see you back soon! Take care!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Very friendly staff, wonderful breakfast the best continental breakfast I have had. Pool clean and fun. the kids spent hours in it. Just wish there was a fridge in the room. They even gave the kids a small toy when we arrived and a small beach ball in the room for the kids when they went down to the pool.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
JordanMajeau, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites by Hilton Edmonton/West, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Dear Valued Guest
Thank you for taking some time from your schedule to write such a kind and gracious review of our property. We are honored that you chose to make our property a part of your travel plans and we are delighted to see that you and your family had a great experience. We truly enjoy serving families and we are always encouraged when families come away feeling good about their decision to stay with us! We hope we have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future. All the best!

Reviewed November 12, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights at this hotel while on business. Very Clean Hotel. Staff very friendly and helpfull. Maid Service was top notch. Complimentary breakfast each morning. only average quality food but was appreciated. 2nd time staying at this hotel and would recommend to anybody!!

1  Thank Alvin L

Greetings Alvin L
Good day and thank you for taking some time to share your thoughts with the Tripadvisor community. We are very pleased to see that you had a great experience at our hotel. We are also very encouraged to see the recognition that you’ve given our hard working housekeeping department! We are very blessed to have all of them on our team and we could not do what we do, without their hard work and support! We really enjoyed serving you at our property and we hope to see you back soon. Take care!

Reviewed November 11, 2013

We were in Edmonton for 5 nights and 4 days for a Tae Kwon Do Tournament for my oldest son and for a medical review for my youngest son at the Stollery. The first criteria is a pool. The pool was small but the boys had a blast. The hot tub was actually hot which my husband and I appreciated! The pool is open 'till midnight, not that we were up that late but nice to know. The second criteria is breakfast. The breakfast was fabulous both at 7 am and 9:30 am. The boys love the waffle makers. Coffee and hot chocolate all day is a nice extra. The beds are comfy, everything was very clean. The rooms were also very quiet considering there were several sports teams there for the weekend. The service was always very pleasant. The location is convenient to pretty much anywhere. I am too old to stay for this length of time in a dive so I understood I was paying more. For the price though I would suggest that there should be a small 'fridge in the room. It was the only thing missing. If you don't want a few beer iced in the garbage can then spring for a small 'fridge in each room. Then you would get and excellent score!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Valerie N

Hello Valerie N!
Thank you for taking some time to provide us with your feedback regarding your most recent stay with us. We are very pleased to see that you and your family had a great experience with us while you attended a Tae Kwon Do tournament. We truly enjoy serving families and we hope to have the opportunity to serve yours again in the future. Take care!

Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

We were looking forward to a comfortable stay n shop weekend and we got it here at the Hampton.
The staff here, especially Taylor were exceptional! They actually care about you and your comfort here. I wish all hotels would care as much about your needs, instead of the bottom line like they do.
I would just say, stay here and make a comment on this site.

• Stayed: November 2013
3  Thank DriveEatSleep
JordanMajeau, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites by Hilton Edmonton/West, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Hello DriveEatSleep
Thank you for taking some time to share your experience with our property with the Tripadvisor community. We are delighted to see that your stay was made more memorable by the efforts of one of our front desk agents. Taylor is a fantastic individual that I am very proud of. I will make sure that she is rewarded and recognized for her efforts and this very honorable mention. We hope to be your host again in the near future! Take care!

Reviewed November 8, 2013

I stayed at your hotel for 5 nights and must say that it was an absolute pleasure. Your rooms were very clean and modern, pool and hot tub were definitely a plus, breakfast was always stocked and plentiful, but the big differentiator is the service provided by your team. I interacted with 3 of your team members on a regular basis and each time they had a huge smile on their faces and were asking how they could assist me. They truly made me feel like a guest in your hotel. Charmaine, Jakub and Mandy – the Hampton Inn is lucky to have you.

1  Thank Cgyguy30

Greetings Cgyguy30
Thank you for writing such a generous and kind review. We are absolutely thrilled to see that Charmaine, Jakub and Mandy were able to provide you with top notch service. At the end of the day; it is our team that makes the difference and we are very encouraged to see that they did make the difference for you. Please know that we will recognize these great team players for this fantastic Tripadvisor mention. We hope to see you back soon!