Hampton Inn and Suites by Hilton Edmonton/West
Ranked #3 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Calgary
“Nice hotel”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Nice hotel close to west Edmonton mall , breakfast was ok , rooms were clean . Staff at front desk were nice , over all it was a nice stay. Pool area is very nice the towel at the pool area are way to small

Room Tip: Try to get floor on higher level other wise you just get views of parking lot.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank pmickey
JordanMajeau, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites by Hilton Edmonton/West, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Good day pmickey

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with the Tripadvisor community. We're delighted to see that you enjoyed your experience with us. Thank you for your support. We hope to see you back soon! Take care!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We booked at this hotel because it was rated #1 in Edmonton on TripAdvisor. It's only ok.
There is no restaurant, so no room service. They do have a "free" breakfast, but beware, it is busy and the eggs are not good (how do you burn scrambled eggs???), and you generally have a hard time finding a seat - you get what you pay for with the "free" breakfast.
The room was clean, it has a decent décor, but again it's nothing special. They had a hard time finding our reservation at first, the 2nd elevator wasn't in service so the whole hotel had to share 1 elevator which made the wait times for it pretty long. The water for the shower is basically luke warm or SCALDING hot - you can't get it to a nice temperature. It's kind of odd how it's really not very easy to get a nice warm shower temperature.
At the end of the day, it's not a horrible place to stay, but it's also not the best. The Wingate next door looked WAY better - so I wish we'd stayed there. At least they had a restaurant. Oh and the beds are very firm, so if you have a hard time sleeping on a firm mattress, just beware. My back hurt the next morning.

Room Tip: Hard to say - the location of the hotel is really drab, there is no view to speak of anywhere you ar...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Cecily P
Good day Cecily P

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of your experience with our property. We apologize that we were not what you were hoping for or expected. The team and I are commited to ensuring our guests have a great experience and work hard each day to ensure that our guests receive: friendly, hospitable service, clean rooms, a big breakfast in the morning and other great services. We recognize that sometimes there are elements that our out of our control and we do apologize once again that we were not able to meet your expectations. I would be more than happy to discuss any of the matters you indicated in your review in person. I can be reached directly at the hotel. Have a wonderful day!
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I guess I should cut people some slack every once in a while and this hotel makes me want to give them another chance. What happened was that when we got to our VERY nice room, the carpets were soaking wet! To top it off, the water was dirty. We were so tired and my young one had fallen asleep on the bed so opted to get a bunch of towels instead of change rooms. By bed time, the towels were saturated with the dirty water and we had to walk around in our shoes so our pant legs wouldn't soak up any of the water. And the smell of cleaning solution was very irritating. When I called front desk, they said the carpets were recently cleaned. Very obviously they had been done by someone who knows NOTHING about operating a carpet cleaner! It looked like they sprayed the solution on but left it there. By morning I was ready to write a scathing TA review but was met at the front desk by a wonderful lady named Katherine who clearly has taken lessons in customer service:) She was mortified about our room situation and took my phone number to contact management who would be in the next business day. She called me a few hours later saying she had taken care of the issue and would be giving us 35,000 Hilton Honors points which we could use for a free night another time. This worked out well as we will soon be basking in the sun in Phoenix at the Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs Resort on the house. The hotel is beautiful by the way and breakfast was wonderful. Thank you Hampton Inn!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank SockMonkey67
Hello SockMonkey67

For sure, one of the most interesting profile names I've seen in a while! Thanks for taking some time to provide a review of your experiences with the travel community. We would once again like to apologize for the experience with the carpet. Our housekeeping team has taken steps to ensure that the cleaning equipment is operated properly. We do have a great team here who are absolutely commited to ensuring our guests come away with good experience and we will do what it takes to make it right. We truly did enjoy serving you and we hope to see you back soon. Take care!
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Reviewed October 3, 2013

This hotel was OK but for the price we paid we expected better, especially that it was ranked #1 in Edmonton on TripAdvisor. The furniture was dusty, Heating/Cooling was not properly working, no fan in the bathroom. The room was not that big and smelled like some cheap air freshener. Location was good for us but no real view. Breakfast was good as well. Would only stay again if got a deal on the price. For the full price that we paid we could probably find the same or better hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank Olha T
Good day Ohla T

Thank you for taking some time to share your experience with our property. We certainly resonate with your comments regarding the condition of the furniture. I am very happy to report that we are embarking on a large scape renovation project for the entire main floor which will remedy the challenges we have with the aging furniture. I think you'll really like it! More news will be coming our very shortly on this project. In regards to the air conditioning units, we recognize that we can have some challenges as the seasons transition and we have tasked our engineering team to compensate for the challenges that our guests may be having while trying to make the room comfortable. Thanks again for writing and we hope to see you back soon! Take care!
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Stayed here in May 2013 and had an enjoyable stay, so when I found myself traveling back to Edmonton on a recent trip, I decided to book at this location again. My memory served me well as this stay was great just like before.

The two gals at the front desk warmly greeted me as I walked in the front door for check-in. One in particular, even remembered my stay a few months before and asked how my travels were going. Check-in was smooth, they were even quick to provide office supplies I needed to complete a project.

I made my way up to my room in a smooth elevator. Upon arrival at the fourth floor I was promptly greeted by a quiet, fresh smelling hallway, a pleasant escape from the busy nearby 100 Avenue. My room once again was clean, fresh smelling, and adequately furnished.

I will undoubtedly return to this location next time in Edmonton, thanks to a clean and comfortable property and All Star Customer Service.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Spencer S
JordanMajeau, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites by Hilton Edmonton/West, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Hello CSpencerSorrell!

Good day and thank you for taking the time to provide the travel community a great account of various aspects of your stay. We're so pleased to see that your second stay demonstrated consistency in a great experience. We are truly honored and humbled by your gracious review! We truly hope to have another opportunity to serve you in the near future. Take care!
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed October 1, 2013

This is our go to hotel in Edmonton and once again it did not disappoint! It is always clean and fresh and the breakfast is awesome! Special shout out to the front desk ladies...they were so friendly and helpful and nice...kudos!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank hoolio7
Good day Hoolio7!

Thank you for taking some time and this specific opportunity to encourage our team for their hard work and dedication. We are very blessed to have a great front desk team who are always availible to assist our guests. We hope to see you back soon! Take care!
Reviewed September 28, 2013

This is, bar none, one of the best hotels in the area. And by that, I mean all of Edmonton. I used to stay at the big names downtown and was consistently disappointed by all of them. Noise, parking and lack of quality throughout ALL of them (and I do mean all....). Started staying here in the spring when I come up for shopping and work and haven't (won't) look back. 5 mins to the slowly upgrading WEM, and 15 minute drive to shops and boutiques (generally) downtown. Can't ask for better than that. Clean, nicely appointed, friendly and helpful staff. No patronizing snobs here. Close to restaurants, industry on the west end, and family friendly shopping if required. I've booked the suite and enjoy the spaciousness and ambience. I'll save a few extra $$, stay here and be able to shop more!

Room Tip: No onsite restaurant, so no room service, but lots of options in all price ranges within walking/sho...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Prettyg
JordanMajeau, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites by Hilton Edmonton/West, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Hello there Prettyg!

Thank you for taking the time to write such an encouraging review about your experience at our property. One of our goals at this property is to ensure that our guests have a professional but authentic experience. Today, most travelers are looking for unique experiences and the best way to deliver that is to be yourself while living the true spirit of hospitality. We are absolutely thrilled to see that you encountered this at our Hampton. Thanks again and take care!