“STANDARDS ARE BEING MAINTAINED!”

Hampton Inn and Suites by Hilton Edmonton/West
Ranked #5 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Calgary, Canada
“STANDARDS ARE BEING MAINTAINED!”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Since my last visit to the West Edmonton Hampton Inn 4 years ago, the high standards I observed have been kept up, or even improved. Arriving at the front desk Friday evening after an exhausting drive from Calgary in heavy traffic, I was pleased to be helped by a friendly young employee who not only assured me they had placed us in a quiet room, as requested in the booking, but that we were being upgraded to a king suite.
The room was spacious, well appointed and beautiful, with a downtown view, and we the bed and linens were the very best.
Breakfast in the morning was very good.
The Hampton is now in the middle of a row of three premium motels and as many more budget motels, and they are definitely doing their best to compete. Thanks again for a great stay!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Heikermeister
JordanMajeau, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites by Hilton Edmonton/West, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Hello Hikermeister!

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with the online travel community. We're so pleased that after a four year span, you've returned to find that we have maintained our standards and consistency. Each day when we arrive to work, we are keenly aware that our guests have some other great choices in the market and this drives us to go the extra mile to ensure that our guests receive friendly, professional service and clean room 100% of the time. We look forward to having another opportunity to serve you again in the future; hopefully we won’t have to wait another four years! Have a fantastic day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
ontario
Reviewed August 13, 2012

As an HHonours gold member, I have stayed in many HI's across North America. Stayed here for three nights in August and have the following observations:
- friendly and prompt checkin, error-free and smooth
- room clean, nice and large on first floor, not far from the breakfast area so very convenient. Room was kept very clean for duration of my stay.
- very good breakfast by HI standards, and it was replenished regularly throught the breakfast period (I noticed because I was reading my iPad for much of the time and observing over my three day stay.)
- quiet.....I could not hear anything from other rooms. Only exception was a noisy gathering of folks in front of the fireplace on the evening of Aug. 4, but by 10 PM they had dispersed. No big deal.
- gym facilities above average for an HI.
- wifi was reasonably fast (I measured 2.9mbps), TV actually had an HD signal! (lots of hotels have HD TVs but feed them Standard Definition signals because it is cheaper to do so or their current TV provider has not upgraded their technology.
- pool was out of service for some reason.
- the oddity? No ice machine on the first floor. At least, not one that I could find. A staff member got me a bucket of ice from the kitchen. Again, no big deal.
- a nicety that I seldom see......a Culligan filtered water cooler, just adjacent to the breakfast area. Great for us water-drinkers.
- large adequate and free parking
- 5 minute drive to the West Edmonton Mall

It has been mentioned here already by others, but do indeed bring your GPS when you come to Edmonton, to help you through the many one-way and numbered streets going this way and that.

All in all, I give this HI a Very Good rating and will stay here again in future since I will be back in the area on an annual basis.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Greetings mkelch

Thank you for taking the time to provide such a detailed and thorough account of your positive experience with our property. When we read these reviews as a team, it's always rewarding to note when guests have been impacted by specific issues that we have implemented. We also appreciate feedback from our most loyal Hilton Honor guests who spend a great deal of time on the road and have a good understanding of hotel standards, culture and best practices. It was a pleasure to have you at our property and we look forward to seeing you again in the future. Have a great day!
Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

Greeted by great customer service, the rooms were very nice and clean, beds werecomfy, and gym was nice. The breakfast is the only place there was an issue as there was no eggs, sausages, as we arrived an hour before breakfast was over and had to wait for awhile. This hotel is not very far from West Edmonton Mall.

• Stayed July 2012
Hello Dene-Roots

Thank you for taking some time to provide a great Tripadvisor review. We're very pleased that our hotel was able to meet your traveling needs. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you and your family again in the near future. Have a great day!
Peace River, Canada
Reviewed August 12, 2012

From the minute we walked in to the hotel to check in it was a wonderful experience. There were fresh cookies at the front desk and a variety of coffee selections in the lobby! Our front desk agent, Jakob was a very friendly and informative young man. Upon entering our room we found a note welcoming us to the hotel and a beach ball for the kids to take to the fun pool!! The free daily breakfast in the lobby area each morning (toast, bagels, cereal, make your own waffels, yogurts, muffins, eggs, etc) was a great start to our shopping days at the West Edmonton Mall which was a mere 5 min away. Beds were comfortable. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Good day Disney Ninja!

Thank you for taking some time to share your experiences regarding our property with the Tripadvisor community. We're so pleased that you had a great experience with our property and our hard working team members. Jakob's a great part of our front office team and I will thank and recognize him for this honorable mention! Have a fantastic day and we hope to see you back soon!
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed August 2, 2012

We spent two nights at Hampton Inn and Suites in East Edmonton. We were coming back from Alaska and driving towards Vancouver. The main reason why we decided to stop in Edmonton was the big shopping mall. My wife and daughter never got a chance to do shopping in Alaska other than visiting souvenir shops.
The girl at the reception was very helpful and gave us all the needed information to get to the mall. This hotel belongs to the Hilton group of hotels. At the reception, we were told that the hotel operates similar to other Hilton hotels. It was a Wednesday and they had a special function in the evening with free drinks for all the guests. We could come down and meet their management if we liked. We missed it because my wife was more interested in going to the mall.
We have booked a big room with two queen beds. It is always advisable to pay a little extra and get a big room rather than getting a small room with very little space to move around and keep all your bags. The queen beds were very comfortable. The hotel has a swimming pool and a gym. They serve a free breakfast. Internet access is free and I found I can connect to the wireless network from our room.

There was ample free parking near the hotel. We spent the whole day in the mall and came back to the hotel only in the night. The hotel is in a busy area and the streets are one way streets. It is advisable that you have a GPS in your car to guide you when you travel around in this area.
If you are in Edmonton and planning to visit the Edmonton shopping mall, this is the best hotel.

1 Thank AndrewFernando
JordanMajeau, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites by Hilton Edmonton/West, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
Greetings AndrewFernando!
Thank you for taking some time to provide a great detailed review of your experience at our property. We are thrilled that you and your family have had a great experience while visiting the west end of Edmonton. Our team puts a great deal of effort into ensuring that our guests have everything they need to accomplish their traveling goals whether they’re here for business or for their vacation. Sorry we didn’t get to meet at our Wednesday reception! Connecting with guests at our reception is a usual highlight of my week and I would have enjoyed meeting you. Perhaps next time! We hope we have the opportunity to serve you and your family again in the future! All the best, take care!
Fort St. John, Canada
Reviewed August 2, 2012

So I stayed here with an adjoining suite to visit with my parents while they were back in Canada for a visit. The rooms and the beds were very comfortable and the rooms were very clean. Front desk staff were mostly helpful except when I showed up after the Iron Maiden concert they gave me the key to my parents suite rather than my suite which was quite an inconvenient way to say your first hello after a few months of not seeing each other.

Now, most hotels that have a complimentary breakfast have a poor one and this is no exception. Any Super 8 in the land will give you the same that you find here. Pale fake scrambled eggs with a pink meat disc, or a make your own waffle, soggy muffin, bad coffee, etc.

The best thing about the stay was the bed. Great comfy bed. Though not enough soundproofing between room and hall to fully enjoy it.

But what may prevent me from ever returning is the fact that after going out and spending all day gallavanting around the city I just wanted to come and have some relax time back at the room, but without fail they are there cleaning it at 3 in the afternoon every single time- even when you ask them to clean it earlier. This was so frustrating. I should have figured it out when I saw the check in was later than any other hotel I've stayed in. 4 PM is a late check in and 3PM is too late to still be cleaning. I want that taken care of by lunch time. Oh, a lot of kids stay at this location so try to get a top floor because staff don't pay attention to location when booking.

Room Tip: If you don't want kids stomping over your head go for the top floor by special request. Plan to...
Dear Evil Flying Monkey

Thank you for taking some time to provide us with feedback regarding your most recent stay with us. I would also like to apologize that we were not able to meet your expectations when you stayed with us. We do have a hard working team of dedicated front office agents and housekeepers who will go to any length to ensure our guests are made comfortable but in this case, it appears we have failed. Our goal is for every guest to have a positive experience and it appears that this was not entirely the case for you. Once again we apologize and we wish you all the best. Take care!
Esterhazy, Canada
Reviewed August 2, 2012

My daughter, sister, and I stayed at the Hampton Inn for two nights the end of July. It is a very nice, newer property, and quite easy to get to once you know the one way streets. We were upgraded to a suite, which had an enormous amount of room. The beds were very comfortable. The first night we stayed, there was a very loud domestic fight in the next room and the front desk had to come up a few times. Because of the problems, we were credited with a one night stay, which I thought was very good of the Hampton Inn. The breakfast area is very nice and clean, with a very good variety of items - fresh fruit, and melons, pineapple cut up was a nice touch. Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a place in Edmonton.

Good day SandyH
Thank you for Tripadivsor review. We’re very glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. We work very hard as a team to ensure each guest has a comfortable stay and we’re certainly prepared to go the extra mile when required to ensure that each guest leaves feeling like they had a positive stay at our property. We are also honored that you feel like you can comfortably recommend our property to your friends and family. Our team looks forward to having you stay with us again as well. Have a fantastic day!