“HAMPTON HUMANITY” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
San Jose, California
“HAMPTON HUMANITY”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2011

This hotel is located close to WEST ED MALL. The location fall in the major business district. Though it dosen’t have a restaurant in the hotel there are really good restaurants located in short driving distance. Excellent and healthy free breakfast with friendly staff. The uniqueness about this hotel is the staff that cares. My recent stay in December will be remembered forever. I was sick and had an early flight. I had to be at the airport 5am for reporting. It was winter so I came down to start my car. Night shift person saw my state and offered to start the car for me. Barely able to walk I drag myself down to the hotel exit. This young man would not let me leave the hotel until I gave him my car key. A minute later I saw my car waiting at the exit, snow brushed off, luggage in the back and seat heater on. WHAT A SERVICE! I tip rikki $20 but he refused my money and said he favor me for humanity.
I will definitely stay in this hotel again. Especially during winter.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank masseyerick

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Saskatoon, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2011

We stayed here on a recent trip to visit the mall. Very nice and modern hotel. Good location and a very quick drive to West Ed. mall. We have 2 small children and they loved the kid -sized pool! The regular pool and hot tub were good also.
Breakfast in the morning is included (we found a cheap rate online so it was a very good deal!) and had a decent selection and even some hot items. Very well attended to by staff and nicely laid out. All staff we interacted with was very pleasant and extra helpful with any requests.
The only bad thing I can say is the noise from people in the hallways in the mornings was mildly annoying.....rooms could be a little better soundproofed! Wouldn't deter me from staying here again and/or recommending this place to others. Might be our new favorite hotel!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
west country
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2011

Great hotel close to Edmonton Mall,couldn't fault the hotel as everything fullfilled our expectations.Extremely accomodating staff, however stay was spoiled by other guests in adjoining rooms who woke us up both nights,first night at 3.30am shouting outside our room and second night at 4.30am,mentioned this to reception first night and they said they would 'have a word' with guests in adjoining room but the message clearly didn't get across.
Shame beacause this is an extremely nice hotel with very friendly breakfast staff but it did spoil our stay.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank foxesfan1
Adelaide, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2011

This hotel is situated in the sticks! It's in West Edmonton, close to the famous West Edmonton Mall, but apart from that, there is absolutely nothing else for someone without a car to do here! It is surrounded by other hotels, used car yards and endless takeaway food outlets, 10 km ($20 cab fare) from the city and not really well serviced by public transport. None of this is really the hotel's fault, but nonetheless I can't help but be a bit negative about my experience there. To make matters worse for travellers without a car, there is no restaurant or bar in the hotel, so one has to go next door to some other hotel for a meal, or walk to a fast food outlet. Luckily we did stumble across a terrific Vietnamese restaurant about a kilometre away, called Rice Paper. Excellent authentic food. The restaurant at the hotel next door, Aqua, is quite good and the service was terrific, and you can sit in a little booth with your own TV and watch ice hockey games - but that's nothing to do with the Hampton!

The room was great - comfortable bed, good bathroom, quiet for light sleepers. But ... no fridge and no microwave. But since there wasn't a grocery shop anywhere, not even a 711 that we could see, this really didn't make any difference.

And so to breakfast ... it is included in the price, and that's good. However, I have never in my life stayed in a reasonably well appointed hotel which served food on disposable plates with plastic bendy cutlery. The hotel has signs up everywhere about compostable crockery, etc., but the rubbish bins provided in the breakfast area are general ones, and the yoghurt containers certainly aren't compostable. I think that the hotel uses these throwaway things to save on staff costs, and for no other reason.

One cute thing: on the road leading from the hotel to the main intersection there is a vacant block with lots of prariei dogs burrowing about and running around. They're very sweet-looking!

I certainly would never stay in this hotel again, simply because of its location and because it doesn't have a restaurant or a bar. If I had a car, it might be different. For me, I'm sorry I followed Trip Advisor on this one, and went on ranking not location.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank balhannah
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2011

This is the first and last time I will stay at this hotel, we were here for a hockey tournament along with a few other teams, I was not happy with paying the "TEAM" rate of 174.00 a night, but because it was one of the "TOURNAMENT" hotels we thought it would be team friendly. Upon checkin we had to sign a waiver that we would NOT bring the boys hockey gear into the hotel as it stinks and will mark up the walls.... We than are told that the pool is closed, NOT OK!!! But it so happens that a few weeks earlier it was also closed for a hockey tourney... Hmmmm makes you wonder... We arrived to our room to notice that after spending $530.00 we have NO FRIDGE or MICROWAVE....
We also tried to get an hour later check out as the boys had to be at the rink at 7am, but were told that they could not do this for us because they would not be able to get the rooms cleaned in time for the Sunday rush... Lol...
As we were checking out, guess what was happening, pool was opening... Go figure!!!!
My advise would be, if you are looking for a team hotel this is definitely NOT a good choice!!!

• Stayed April 2011
2 Thank Iluvmyboyz
Calgary
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2011

I was struck mostly by the "authentic" hospitality provided by this hotel. The staff is truly amazing and very happy to serve vs seeming obligatory. We had a very nice room and a great breakfast. Thanks for ALL you do to make people feel comfortable in your hotel.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank mamareid
Ketteringham, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites by Hilton Edmonton/West, responded to this review, April 16, 2011
Dear Mamareid;

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with our readers regarding your recent visit with us at the Hampton Inn and Suites, Edmonton West.

I am delighted to hear that you were “struck” by the “authentic hospitality” provided by our dedicated team here at the hotel. I believe the associates are very passionate about their work and that they truly love what they do. All of us are working to generate an emotional connection with our guests and I believe that authenticity is a key component in doing so. I will surely forward your comments as they genuinely appreciate and thrive on the positive feedback as well.

I hope you’ll join us the next time you’re in the neighborhood.

With sincere thanks,

Todd Ketteringham
Calgary
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2011

We stayed here one very cold night on our way to northern Alberta for the holidays. This was definitely a standard Hampton Inn. Nice, modern furnishings, comfortable bed. The breakfast was satisfying, the hotel was clean and quiet and it was in a good location with nearby shopping and places to grab a quick bite to eat. No complaints - we've never had a bad stay at a Hampton.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ketteringham, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites by Hilton Edmonton/West, responded to this review, April 4, 2011
Dear Valued Guest;

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent visit with us at the Hampton Inn and Suites, Edmonton West.

The Hampton is both humbled and overjoyed to be named Entrepreneur Magazine’s #1 franchise and with now over 1900 hotels worldwide it is also one of the fastest growing brands in the industry.

Free breakfast is a core amenity of our brand and our dedicated team of associates continues to connect with our guest which is why many choose to return. The weather forecast may at times be calling for cold temperatures however I believe you can forecast a warm and friendly hotel stay each and every time you’re with us.

Todd Ketteringham