“Great food”

Add it.
Swiss Donair
Ranked #216 of 2,556 Restaurants in Edmonton
Reviewed March 9, 2012

Super donair is the tastiest with sweet sauce very friendly staff

1  Thank Kcshapka

Reviewed October 31, 2011

I've been searching for a great Donair ever since I left the maritimes some 20 odd years ago. After short stints in Quebec, BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan and back to Alberta before moving just 3 blocks away from the best Donair restaurant in the city, period. When you like Donairs as much as I do, you talk Donairs with other folks and they give you their opinion of what the best Donair place is and I always make a point to go. There are lots of good places that sell Donairs out there but Swiss Donair is a great tasting, excellent value for your money type of place.

You won't see lines out the door like in some American big cities, that's because there just ain't that many people living here, but your best bet is to call ahead for pick-up cause the line is never stopping. You can eat there and cafeteria style and the 2 TV's usually have the game on in the background. The guys working the back counter have all been there for years but it's gotten so busy lately that lots of new faces are serving me my food which is good/bad I guess. I like the 'cheers' type atmosphere where they know me and what I order to the point where either myself of my wife are unable to finish our order on the phone because they know us and what we like just like a great bartender would. Some times they give us grief and say: "What no wings tonight lol"?

Bonus Tip: In case you are a Donair newbie, always and I mean always ask for the "sweet sauce".

In case the Swiss Donair boys are reading this review, I'm coming by to pick up my regular: Super Donair, no onions, no tomatoes, NO CHEESE, extra sauce...

1  Thank LedZed
Reviewed September 21, 2010

Me and my husband eat here all the time and ever since I tried their chicken donairs I am disappointed every where else we go! I would highly reccomend you try them. I find alot of other places to be really dry but not swiss they have plenty of garlic sauce and their seasoned fries are awesome.

Reviewed August 8, 2009

If you like donairs or want a good introduction then come to swiss donair it will leave you wanting to come back again. dont worry abou tthe wait its worth it and you will leave full. try the cheese donair with the sweet sauce all the fixings its excellent. best place in edmonton wish they would up one in vancouver.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed February 14, 2008

They have the best service and SUPER GREAT DONAIRS!!!!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook