“Outstanding Staff”

Ranked #30 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Fort St. John, Canada
“Outstanding Staff”
Reviewed May 8, 2014

Starting with the staff, I can't say enough. They are all exceptional, caring and genuine. I spent more than a month at this hotel (at a reduced medical rate.) I was asked daily about the condition of my wife (who was in a hospital with life-threating issues.) Due to previous reservations I had to move from room to room several times but there was never a suggestion that I would have to go elsewhere.
The building is not well sound-proofed so any activity in the halls can be heard quite well. Between rooms, it is reasonably insulated. The Wi-Fi was a serious issue however. I could not depend on a connection. Outgoing email (Outlook) was constantly 'undelivered.' I had to resort to Gmail in order to keep up with family requests for information. This was apparently due to an arrangement with an internet security provider called "Suite Solutions." (So I was told.) I was forced to use my cell phone's 4G capability to ensure connectivity.
I will return in a heartbeat (because of al the positives) but not until I can be assured of reliable internet access.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near the elevator as many guests are young team members whose enthusiasm can be quite lo...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
DaysInnS-GM, General Manager at Days Inn Edmonton South, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Dear SteelChef2010,

Thank you for writing a review about the Days Inn Edmonton South. As a hotel we take pride in having excellent staff, with excellent customer service. I am very glad that it did not go unnoticed during your visit.

I would also like to thank you for your constructive criticism. We have noted the problem with the connectivity issues and have worked to minimize difficulties by obtaining certain preventative measures for the issue you have specified.

Thank you for choosing Days Inn Edmonton South and we hope to see you again on your next visit to Edmonton!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

Since the hotel opened I stay there 3 to 3 nights at least 4 times a year.
Enjoy the friendly staff not only at the reception but as well the housecleaning staff is very cheerful
I find the BBQ which is available an excellent idea and as well the customer appreciating evening (won for the first time)
Ms. Silva should be congratulated for leading such a positive group of employees
I shall be back
Hermann

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
DaysInnS-GM, General Manager at Days Inn Edmonton South, responded to this review, April 20, 2014
Dear Hermann,

Thank you for sharing your positive experiences with us regarding the Days Inn Edmonton South. I am very glad to know that you have been satisfied with your stays at our property over the past couple of years. I am also very happy to hear that you take advantage of our guest appreciation nights. We want all of our guests to know that we do appreciate them and hope like yourself, that they continue to come back to us when they are in the Edmonton area. We hope to see you back soon and maybe next time you'll be able to use the barbecue!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 30, 2014

We have stayed in a few Days Inn Hotels on our journey around Alberta and this was as good as any. We paid for the room so when I had a friend in need of a bed she was able to stay with us for no extra charge.As per all of the Days Inn hotels, we had free wifi and breakfast. The breakfast was good and the wifi was fast. There are plenty of places to eat nearby as the hotel is located near Whyte Av which has plenty of unique bars and restaurants. There was also plenty of parking and I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a good value hotel in this area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ForYourEntertainment
Dear 'ForYourEntertainment,'

Thank you for your kind review of the Days Inn Edmonton South. I am very glad to hear that our location was convenient for your stay, and that you were able to take advantage of the area that we are in. Thank you for letting us know that you enjoyed the hotel's amenities, and feel free to come back any time! We hope to see you again soon.
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed December 4, 2013

First time at this hotel for a very brief stay.

Didn't arrive to the hotel until 12:30am. The lady (Millet) at the front desk greeted me by name right away (probably because I was the last person to check in for the evening).

Told her that I will be leaving before 5:00am to catch a flight. She offered to have breakfast ready before the normal scheduled serving time for me, but I declined her offer.

When I checked out, there was a bottled water along with a very nice personalized note wishing me well.

I have been a Wyndham Member for years. The customer service that I saw from this location by her probably would be my top 2 experience (along with Wingate by Wyndham in Regina).

Bravo!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Gabe888
Gabe,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at the Days Inn Edmonton South. I am very glad to hear that you were satisfied with how we deliver customer service to our guests. We would be more than happy to have you stay with us the next time you are in the Edmonton area, and hopefully you don't have to catch an early flight so we can provide you with breakfast as well! Hope to see you again soon!
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Very convenient to the university. Nothing fancy, perfect for an overnight stay. In my rate breakfast was included which is always a good news. Staff smiley and helpful. Room was clean and quite. Good night sleep. What else one can ask for ??

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
d3hHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Edmonton South, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Glad to see you enjoyed your overall experience with us! Guess you can't ask for much more than that! Our staff strive to provide excellent service to our guests. Hope to see you back soon at the Days Inn Edmonton South.
jasper
Reviewed October 21, 2013

One night only, hotel conveniently located to University area, Whyte Ave. Staff are very friendly, helpful. Free breakfast...They even have gluten free bread and cereal which I did not know about until checking out, but good to know for others. Room was clean, spacious, window opens. Good value.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank zinck2
Thanks for leaving such a great review for the Days Inn Edmonton South. I am glad you thought our hotel was located in a convenient location, and that the breakfast was a good start to your day! Hope to see you back soon!
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I highly recommend for this hotel if you stay in the South side or University area. My wife and I stayed in Days Inns for 6 night, We had a King size bed room with sofa. The room is spacious and clean. While I was doing some company stuff in the desk, my wife was relax watching the large 42" LG TV. Free breakfast is included with variety of choice. Only I found the quality shampoo and conditioner are not good which makes the hair dry and hard.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for reviewing the Days Inn Edmonton South. We aim to "completely satisfy" our guests! I am glad that you and your wife both enjoyed your trip, and you both found that the room was well laid out based on your needs. Hope to see you back soon!