“Hotel was clean and close to the U of A. Breakfast was...”

Days Inn Edmonton South
Ranked #33 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
VERNON
Reviewed December 9, 2012

My First night was terrible . Guests were in the stairwell fighting from 03:00 to 04:00 my first night there , I gave it one more night then I wasgoing to check out , but noisy guests must have left . Room 102 which I was checked into is right by the back door and stairwell . Walls are paper thin and you can hear evryone stomping up and down the stairs . The counter where my coffee pot sat was not wipe for my whole stay , but bathroom was clean .

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

1 Thank CALVIN C
DaysInnS-GM, General Manager at Days Inn Edmonton South, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear guest
My Sincerest apologies for the noise disturbance on your first night. It is always so terrible when your sleep is disturbed by impolite guests. I hope we were able to address the situation if you called the front desk. Unfortunately I don't have the dates of your stay or your name so I can't follow up with you. The remainder of your stay seemed to have been better. We hope you will give us another try and we will try to put you on the top floor and away from the stairwell where it isn't as noisy.

OKOTOKS
Reviewed December 4, 2012

This particular Days Inn is very close to the venue that my son needed to be at for his competition over a 4-day meet in Edmonton. Breakfast is provided each morning with a good variety, including the waffles that my son enjoys. To add to that there is a Tim Horton's directly across the street where I could pick up my morning tea on the way to the pool. During these competitions weekends we don't spend a lot of time at the hotel anyway so the rooms were more than adequate for our immediate needs. Nice to have a fridge/microwave to stock snacks and heat up meals. I would recommend this hotel to travellers based on value and its proximity to amenities and venues.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Dear Sherri

We appreciate that you chose our hotel for visit to Edmonton and for posting your comments on this site.
Thank you so much for your time to do so and we hope you will choose us again in the future.

Regina, Canada
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Very clean, really friendly staff, large rooms with fridge, microwave, coffee maker and food cupboard, plus desk with ergonomic chair and standard chair, dresser, tv, etc. (We have the king room with pull-out sofa)

Nice complimentary breakfast selection including coffee, tea, juice, yogurt, bagels, muffins, toast (and jam, peanut butter, jelly, cream cheese, marmalade, etc), waffles, hard boiled eggs, cereal (incl a gluten free choice), apples, oranges, bananas, oatmeal, etc.

Seriously the softest sheets I've ever felt!!! And very impressed that when we asked for a playpen for our baby, they brought us a real wooden crib!

I pricelined it using express deals for $88 (+taxes+fees) too, so very cheap - amazing value for the cost!!!

It's clear why this is rated as one of the best hotels in Edmonton here on tripadvisor.

We will definitely stay here again!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank anonymoose21
DaysInnS-GM, General Manager at Days Inn Edmonton South, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear anonymoose21,

I am very glad that you enjoyed your experience at the Days Inn Edmonton South. I am glad that you shared your experience on this site, all information is valuable to staff, as well as prospective customers. We hope that you choose to stay with us again during any future plans to travel to Edmonton.

WHITEHORSE
Reviewed November 16, 2012

have stayed here several times before...location really works for us for shopping , family etc. Hotel staff are friendlY aND LIKEABLE. will stay here again and again

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Dear Brian G,

It's great to hear that you are a returning guest. We strive for excellence here, and I am glad that the staff are doing a great job at being personable and helpful. Staff can really be the deciding factor as to whether a guest comes back or not, and I am very pleased to hear your positive feedback. We look forward to your next visit to the city, as you are always welcome at our property.