“Home away from home”

Winnipeg, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Home away from home”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I spent four days at the hotel and was very thankful to find Runway 29 just upstairs. First of all, Kevin was very welcoming and friendly, who made me feel at home after long work days on the road, offering good suggestions on food and drink, plus friendly conversation. Secondly, the 6oz filet special was outstanding, perfectly cooked with seasonal veggies, cleverly and pleasingly presented. And I'm pretty fussy about my steak so kudos to Chef Chad, a Red Seal Chef btw who obviously knows what he's doing. Basically, Chad and Kevin are the reasons I went back for either for drinks, appies, lunch, or dinner four days running. Service and quality. Nuff said. Oh, wait, one more thing: thanks for making my stay in Edmonton such a pleasant experience!
Sue

• Visited August 2012

Burnaby BC
“Breakfast Alternative to Timmy's”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We stayed at the attached hotel for several days during a family wedding, and went to this lounge for breakfast twice. The first breakfast was well prepared, with nicely done potatoes. The second breakfast was not as well cooked, the potatoes greasy. We mentioned it to the waiter, but the staff did not offer to recook or otherwise address the problem. Based on this limited experience, I would rate the food just ok. The kids liked watching the planes land at the small airport next door.

• Visited August 2012
Calgary
“Fire the cook”
Reviewed May 24, 2012

On the second floor of the West Western Plus by the Municipal restaurant, the lounge is quiet, clean and comfortable. The first night we went there, the waiter was amazingly good, but there was a very long delay for the food (which was very good when it came). The place was not crowded but it seemed to take forever. We went back for breakfast and it got worse. Nice waiter, but despite our mentioning that we were in a hurry and despite being the only people in the place, one of us never did get fed; we had to leave rather than miss our appointments. The cook spent much of the time in between arguing with her boyfriend on the bar telephone. Never again.

Visited May 2012
Irma
“what I had was ok”
Reviewed March 19, 2012

I had a salad and potato skins they were really good and i had a pina collada which was very good even the doubles lol, The appitzers took a really long time to get here and my friends had orders the mushrooms and they were burnt and not very good. But the waitress was excellent and did not charge us for them, and also gave us a 10% discount. I would of like to have tried there breakfast.

Visited March 2012