“Delicious meal and excellent service”
Review of Wildflower Grill

Wildflower Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Wildflower Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #71 of 2,424 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: Contemporary, Canadian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Wildflower Grill is a contemporary restaurant that offers an innovative menu which highlights Canada's diverse culture and history. The menu features game meats and fresh seafood that accentuates fresh flavours. Located in a Downtown Edmonton, Wildflower has become one of Edmonton's top dining spots.
Canada
“Delicious meal and excellent service”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Four of us dined at the Wildflower Grill a few days ago and it was wonderful. We had excellent service and there were lots of little touches that made the evening especially nice. For example the little amuse-bouche that was served - small skewers with veg and chicken. And the very delicious warm brioche plus the special house-made chocolates that were served at the very end of our dinner. We tried a variety of items from the menu including several salads which were huge. My main course was actually 2 dishes - sablefish and seabass with orzo risotto. Have eaten the Green Goddess salad, I couldn't finish the main course so took part home which I enjoyed the following day. Others tried the chicken, the gnocchi, the crab cakes and rated everything very good. We shared the sticky toffee pudding for dessert and it was a nice sweet ending to the meal. All in all, a very enjoyable evening.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank PicMorDaisies

“Very Good”
Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

Went there for a family birthday dinner. Despite being a later Sunday night, the place was still 3/4 full. Nice atmosphere and modern look. Service was friendly and professional although they were clearly some of the serving and bus staff. Food was delicious. I had the carpaccio and the bison and both were excellent. Others had the lamb... Awesome. The chicken was also reported excellent. Very nice wine list and very good experience overall. Fancy family dinner or business would be appropriate here. Will definitely go again.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Dazzle03
“Nice Group Lunch”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

We had a group of 8 for lunch and everyone seemed to be very happy with their meal. I had the Croque-monsieur (an egg-coated ham and cheese) that was very nice. The service was excellent. We found the music a bit loud and food a bit pricy (but that's what you get downtown). One of us had the Fish and Chips and it was excellent (I'd order that next time). The Cesar Salad is just ok. The watermelon salad is good (chunks of each, not a mixed salad).

• Visited June 2014
“Great Lamb!”
Reviewed June 19, 2014

The Wildflower Grill is small and quaint. The meals are delicious with a menu that covers almost all food desires. Their lamb is outstanding, as is the salmon. Very good wine selection. Wonderful desserts. Prices are a bit high.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank J S
Calgary, Alberta
“The great and the just good”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

I've been to the Wildflower Grill and really enjoyed some of the food and some of the food not so much. As far as service, that too can be spotty.

My work team recently dined there and one meal was either (a) forgotten, (b) 'the system' messed up or (c)the waiter messed it up in 'the system'. We got three different reasons. We dined the same night as the restaurant was rolling out their new menu to critics. So, I think, service was really slow because of the restaurant ensuring that the critics were extremely happy - maybe to the cost of us regular diners.

Overall, I felt the appetizers were great and the entrees were just good. Next time, I'll go back and order the appetizer crab cakes (yumm) and the appetizer scallops for my meal. Both were amazing. On the other hand, my steak was just good. Nothing to remember Wildflower for. And I think that applied to all of our entrees. As well, the cost is extremely high. And I'm used to Calgary prices!!

• Visited May 2014