“Before concert snack”

Chop Steakhouse & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Chop Steakhouse & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #65 of 2,575 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Place LaRue
Cross street: 178th St.
Transit: Chop is accessible by the 114, 317, and is a short walk from the 14.
Description: Located in the Sandman Hotel on Stony Plain Road, Chop Steakhouse & Bar is minutes from West Edmonton Mall. Visit us for a steak dinner and a glass of wine.
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Rob our waiter was absolutely fantastic...we had a bunch of us going to the Metallica concert and he was so friendly and prompt. the food was excellent...try the Steak Bites!!

Reviewed August 7, 2012

bought a gift card for this restaurant for my husband for our anniversary. We were first time diners here an i firmly believe i made a great choice. the food was very good lots of flavour and portions weren't too bad either, (didn't have to stop for pizza on the way home.) and very nice visual presentation too. i will def. be going back made a believer out of me!

Reviewed June 25, 2012

Visited Chop to celebrate a couple of birthdays. We all enjoyed the Prime Rib along with the seasonal veggies and a choice of potato,rice or fries.
We they found out that we had a couple of Birthday Girls at the table they brought them each one of their signature desserts. Very nice chocolate brownie with ice cream,strawberry and a custard sauce.
They have a very good wine list as well.
The staff is very attentive to your needs. A great night out.

Reviewed June 18, 2012

Group of 8, service was good, for the number being served. Meals were average, but steaks had good flavour. We would likely try it again

Reviewed June 2, 2012

We were looking for a nice restaurant for dinner to celebrate a special occasion. Although I have seen the restaurant from the outside, I never gain it a second thought to try it. I looked at the menu before making a reservation, and saw there were steak and seafood dishes, so perfect for my husband and I.

I made a reservation online and received a message from a bored sounding girl the afternoon of our dinner. We arrived and were shown to our booth. I'm glad it was away from the busier part of the restaurant but it was closer to the kitchen so we could hear the cooks instead. The restaurant was busy for a Thursday evening, likely frequented by those doing 'business' in their suits (but really there to eat meat and drink wine and charged it to their multi million dollar companies).

I had the drink special, only $5 for a tall glass. I can't recall the name but if you like sweet drinks, you would probably enjoy it. I had the crab and shrimp cakes for $12.50 and the macadamia crusted mahi mahi for $28. There were 3 cakes and they had a crispy shell on the outside which I wasn't a fan of but I was surprised there were 3 cakes for that price. They weren't the best I had but decent. The mahi mahi was served on a bed of arugula and mashed potatoes. Again, I wasn't expecting 2 pieces of fish but it was a pleasant surprise. I liked the mahi mahi as it was nice and flaky and the macadamia gave it some crunch. I would have preferred it served with a different vegetable though. There was a lot of mashed potatoes, too much for me.

We were encouraged to have dessert but with our bellies full, we declined. We were given a card with a coupon for dessert on the house for next time. I would rate the food 3.5 but the server was very attentive and she boosts this to 4 stars. I would go back to use my coupon for a free dessert and try another dish!

1  Thank LovingSunandSand