“Good for Lunch” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lazia Restaurant - Downtown - CLOSED

Lazia Restaurant - Downtown
Cuisines: Fusion
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: 102
Transit: LRT Stops nearby: -The Bay -Central -Churchill Square Bus Stops nearby: 1, 2, 14, 8, 16, 17, 40, 41, 42, 45, 47, 50, 65, 68, 69, 71, 100, 104, 105, 106, 109, 111, 112, 116, 125, 140, 161, 162, 180, 197, 201, 211, 308, 309
“Good for Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

I went to Lazia's for a business lunch last week. It was pretty good. Not too expensive but the quality of the food was outstanding.

I had a Lemongrass Chicken Sandwich with fries while my lunch companion had the Ginger Beef with Rice. The sandwich was very tasty. I had never had lemongrass on a sandwich before but it made for a nice change.

The location is ideal for those who work downtown.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Vegaskev72

Edmonton, Canada
“recommended place to eat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

I ate at Lazia's with two friends. One of my friends had the nasi goreng and loved it. My other friend had a seafood dish and also loved hers. I had chow mein which was very good. The service was excellent. My only negative comment is directed to the manager. It is not necessary to have your female beverage servers dressed in such inappropriate attire. Dresses that were the length of T-shirts; slits up the side almost at the waist, etc. There is no way I would have ever let my daughters dress the way your female servers dress. There are plenty of classy black cocktail dresses available for purchase.Classy dress ALWAYS reflects better on the servers and the establishment.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank peonygarden
“Nice ambience, OK food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

I liked the feel of the place, but the food was just OK. The menu was big, so that was a plus, but I had a salad which was kind of disappointing. On the positive side, I ordered a chicken add-on to the salad and it was delicious, definitely saving my meal. Dinners of the rest of the party were the same- OK, not bad. Desserts were good, the service was attentive, the food was ready super fast. Prices were reasonable too, which was nice, but my food and that of the rest of the party was not good enough to make me make a special effort to return.

• Visited November 2013
Edmonton, Canada
“Not impressed with fish tacos”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

Came for lunch with friends and glad we could make a reservation and when I arrived, I informed them we needed to add one more person. It took a few minutes but they seated us in a half booth, half chairs by the bar.

I looked at the menu and it seemed like they are suffering from an identity crisis. There are the Asian entrées and appies but most of them were labelled spicy. Along with these dishes there are steaks, salads, and sandwiches so variety of different foods. I was disappointed there wasn't a rice bowl I could order that wasn't spicy. The prices are a bit on the high end for lunch but not expected for the restaurant with the décor and atmosphere.

There was a specials page included with the regular menu and most of my friends decided on the lobster and steak with rice for $18. They all enjoy it as it came with a large amount of fried rice with sauce on top, a small lobster tail, and steak stir fry. Large portion for lunch though. I decided on a light lunch of $6.95 for 2 soft corn tortillas and your choice of filling. I picked the breaded mahi mahi and slaw. This is an appetizer so they were pretty small. I wasn't a fan of them as the cornmeal breading was thicker than the fish and too dry and crunchy. I don't even know if I ate any fish! Would have been better to have unbreaded fish tacos.

Service was decent. If I ordered the steak and lobster, I might have enjoyed the experience more. The company of friends was definitely better than the food here.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
“Enjoyed the Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

The food was excellent, the service was great. There was good variety on the menu. Really enjoyed the meal and the time spent at this restaurant

• Visited October 2013