“Awesome!”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: 102
Transit: LRT Stops nearby: -The Bay -Central -Churchill Square Bus Stops nearby: 1, 2, 14, 8, 16, 17, 40, 41, 42, 45, 47, 50, 65, 68, 69, 71, 100, 104, 105, 106, 109, 111, 112, 116, 125, 140, 161, 162, 180, 197, 201, 211, 308, 309
Calgary, Canada
“Awesome!”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Great food, great service! There were 6 of us and we were all pleased with everything. Our waiter knew a lot about the food and made some appreciated suggestions. They even brought us a complimentary appetizer that the chef had just created. It was a delicious wonton cup with chicken. Thanks for that! Everything in my dish, the seafood trio, was cooked to perfection. The tiger prawns were so huge, they looked like lobster tails! We all ordered the red velvet cupcakes for dessert and each plate had beautiful artwork created with delicious sauces. Will definitely return. Thank you for the delicious food and excellent service!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Cheryl63_13

Ottawa, Canada
“Not what I expected”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Nice decor and seating, lighting etc. My beer on tap tasted like soapy water. Asked for extra hot and spicy ginger beef bowl and instead got a bowl of sweet beef. Its like they dipped the beef in maple syrup or something. Dish had no kick at at. I knew I made mistake 5 mins walking into the place. Oh well lesson learned. So if you are looking for hot and spicy don't go here.

• Visited April 2013
“Good... but not great”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I work downtown and Lazia is always on people's list for lunch. I don't know how the restaurant is during other times, but it's nuts during lunch. The "fusion" food is good, but the service could be improved. I appreciate how busy it can get, but there should be enough staff on to take care of the customers. I would still recommend trying the restaurant, but likely during off peak times to fully appreciate the environment.

• Visited October 2012
“Overrated”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I think the best thing I've had here is their cappuccino. I've been here for their new year celebration, for lunch, and for a dinner for a friend's stagette--each time was equally disappointing. The groups I've been with, we've all had our orders confused, food items that were overcooked or underdone, and nothing has ever really stood out there enough to make me want to go back.

“Lunch Vibe”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Been to Lazia twice, once for lunch and once for dinner during the week. Lunch was crazy busy but the food came on time and the prices weren't bad at all. It was a good vibe for lunch. Dinner during the week on the other hand was super quiet, not much happening at all. Tasted some good food and the atmosphere was nice.

• Visited December 2012