“Best Koren”

Neighborhood: Garneau
Seattle, Washington
“Best Koren”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

I have been to this place on and off for 20 years and one thing never changes, the quality of the food. The eat in experience is nothing special, kinda one big room but the star is the food. The service is amazing which is impressive because whenever I go the place is always packed. For the most part I get take out but if you eat in service is good. If you eat in you will get a small dish of the best Kimchi you have ever eaten and some sweetly seasoned sprouts. I have tried pretty much everything on the menu and nothing has disappointed. Meat is tender, soups are well seasoned and noodles are fresh and well cooked. One of my favorites is the deep fried veggies, the batter is very light and the veggies are perfectly cooked. Bi Bim Bap, a dish of fried veggies and rice topped with egg is delicious too!

• Visited April 2013

Toronto, Canada
“Superb Korean Food! Wish this place was located in my city...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

My aunt and cousin have been dining here since the early 70's. When they offered to take me, I jumped at the chance and it well surpassed my expectations. The atmosphere is that of a 70's mess hall, but that was actually part of the charm.

The staff are fabulous. The food is served piping hot as it comes up from the kitchen. We shared bulgogi, beef shorth ribs, the mountain of vegetables, which came with sticky rice, the best kimchi ever, and bean sprouts. We shred mango ice cream for dessert.

Wow! So glad I experienced this gem... an absolute must!!!

• Visited August 2013
Uppsala, Sweden
“Great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

This is the best Korean food in Edmonton! Nearly every time we come for dinner, the place is packed.

Visited July 2013
Edmonton, Canada
“Delish! and Great Value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Once you get past the 50's motel interior, you are in for a flavorful treat. Bean Sprout salad and Kim Chee arrive unordered at your table, and make a great little starter. We ordered Chicken Bulgogi, a stir fried veggie and noodle dish, called Tofu Cook Soo, and Bi Bim Bap (fried mountain veggies with rice and egg). Each dish was delicious and though we were 2, there was enough food for 3 or 4 and the bill was surprisingly low. Tea and the starters are included in the price. My only regret is that they are closed Sunday, but we'll be back again, and again.

• Visited May 2013
Edmonton, Canada
“One of our favorites in Edmonton”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2011

I have been going to Bul Go Gi house restaurant for over 20 years now. It is my 17 year old sons favorite restaurant in Edmonton. The food is consistently delicious. Love the Kim Chee, rice and marinated bean sprouts that come with every meal. Service is always great. Don't expect a fancy atmosphere, far from, but the food is so worth it. Favorites are the deep fried wontons, and Bee Bim Bop. We hosted international students for the University in Edmonton, and took them there. They were so happy to have food from home, and said it was just as good. That is a great commentary!

• Visited August 2011