“Expensive, But Pretty Darn Good!”

No photo provided
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed May 3, 2013

My brother & I were celebrating our birthday, and with both of us loving Italian food, we decided to try this restuarant. We were not disappointed. The decor is tasteful (except for the flat screen TV on the back of the bar ): Service is professional and wait staff is attentive, and prompt. My brother and I split the Pomodoro Salad, and it was VERY good - I don't know where they get such tasty tomatoes at this time of year!! For an entree I ordered the Veal Pizziola, and it was exceptionally good. My brother ordered the Veal Saltimboca and said it was tasty as well. (I sampled it and found it to be salty because of the proscuitto). My husband had the Linguine Pescatore and enjoyed it - there was so much food that he enjoyed it the next day at lunch as well. I had told them when I made the reservation, that we were celebrating birthdays, and we were delighted when they brought us a lovely tiramisu dessert complete with candles. For the three of us, (including 1/2 litre of wine, and 2 beer, as well as a cappucino, expresso, and regular coffee), the bill came to about $160 including the tip. I would certainly recommend this restaurant for fine dining.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is our second visit to this restuarant. We were a table of eight. You need to make reservations. They have many regulars that go on the week ends. The meal was terrific. Everyone enjoyed their choices. Great pasta and all types. A person in our party even split the cannelloni dish to have both the red and cream sauce. There is something for everyone. The desert was enjoyed by three people in our group. The ice cream, tiramisu and cheese cake. The house wine is very good. For a couple with wine and dessert it is about 120.00 including tip.

1  Thank Michelle60_11
Reviewed August 24, 2012

A friend and I had a weeknight dinner in this intimate west side restaurant. We both had the pasta entree with chicken, fresh and sun-dried tomatoes and fresh asparagus in a creamy white wine sauce.

The pasta portion was substantial and tasty with the sauce. However, the amount of chicken, tomatoes and especially asparagus on my serving was noticeably less than the other plate.

I did not raise the issue with the manager because the conversation with my friend was more important.

Not sure if I will go back!

Reviewed June 13, 2012

Two couples, ate four different meals and all were more than pleased. The pasta seemed fresh and the flavors were great. The service was also great. Of special note, the waiter we had was old enough to be my father. He spoke a couple of languages and made us feel like we were in "downtown" Italy. (It is nice having some adult service for a change.) Of special interest was the availability for half portions at $2.00 over half price. Half the ration was more than enough for us "older folks" as it allowed us to enjoy dessert. As for dessert, our friends raved about the tiramisu. I was less than over-joyed with my chocolate cake. The venue is small and the noise level can be a problem for some - but we really enjoyed ourselves and contributed to the noise level. We will go back.

Reviewed November 13, 2011

This is one of our favourite Italian restaurants in Edmonton. The owner is always there to make sure everything runs smoothly and to greet his customers. They are always accommodating even if we walk in without a reservation. Service is consistently good.

The food is fantastic! It is very authentic! Being married to an Italian and having been to Italy many times, I know good Italian food when I taste it and this place has it! There are many, many entrees to choose from - from pasta, to pizza, to veal, lamb, seafood, chicken etc. etc. I have yet to try an entree I didn't like there. The pasta is always perfectly prepared - al dente.

If you want real home made Italian food, give this place a try. You won't be disappointed.