“great pizza and desert”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Oliver
Description: Famoso is a casual pizzeria serving authentic Neapolitan pizzas made with high quality ingredients in a domed Italian oven. Ideal for a quick lunch or a night out. Enjoy with wine, cocktails and beer.
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I have been to this restaurant every year in the summer time. It is busy most of the times but it is worth waiting. Great pizza and desert. I love the atmosphere, not very formal.
Amazing!

Reviewed March 12, 2013

I think my review title sums up everything. If you want an awesome place to eat you have to try this pizzeria out. One of the best places I have ate at in a long long time.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I went for lunch at the West Edmonton Mall location because of a Groupon I purchased. Started with the prosciutto wrapped mozzarella balls, which were quite salty. However, before we could finish the appetizer, the pizza arrived and sat until we were done the appetizer. We had the Capricciosa, but by the time we finished the appetizer the pizza had turned into bloody mush!! The side salad that came with it had several rotten pieces of lettuce. He offered a dessert, so we tried the Salted Caramel Pann Cotta. It wasn't very appealing to look at, but it tasted okay. The manager was accomodating by offering an alternate pizza (which I declined), a free dessert and removing the pizza off from the bill, but I wouldn't return. I can think of several other places with much better pizza!

Reviewed February 21, 2013

The Famoso restaurant is Riverbend, Edmonton provided slow service. Appeared to be confused staff. The hawaiian pizza was "slimy" i.e. the toppings were not well cooked. We were pressed by an appointment and did not return the dish. We just ate a little bit. Bad experience after being told by a friend that they had good pizzas. That friend never ate at the Riverbend restaurant; he usually goes to one on the North side.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

The variety of pizzas is great and coupled with various salads makes a nice place for lunch. You place your order and it is brought to your table fresh from the kitchen. Great place to get food to go. Call in in advance for meals to go!