“Valentines Day Lunch”
Review of Original Joe's

Original Joe's
Ranked #295 of 2,516 Restaurants in Edmonton
Reviewed March 4, 2014

My Valentine and I decided to lunch at Original Joes. We usually visit this restaurant in the summer months on the patio as we find the music and noise to be quite loud inside. It appears they have no baffles or sound deadeners.
That being said the food has always been fantastic at OJ's. This time I tried a plain old cheese burger! It was fantastic!! Probably the best burger I've ever enjoyed. Huge 6 oz patty with all the extras, tomato, lettuce, red onions, dill pickle slices and lots of cheese. The little woman decided to try the chicken fingers. This is a dish she normally wouldn't even consider trying but as she didn't feel very hungry she thought she'd try something a little lighter. Boy was she wrong! The dish came with 6 large chicken fingers and enough hot, perfectly cooked fries to feed two hungry people. It also came with 2 dipping sauces which were a big hit.

This is the first time we have been in since the new renovations were completed. Great improvement with lots more seating and a separate area with lots of flat screens and large and comfy booths.

Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

Parents have been going here for years. Was never much of a fan. But the last 2 times I have gone when visiting it has been very good. The salmon club sandwich is really good and think I may get it everytime I go there.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

We were impressed with the blackened salmon that we ordered with our choice of quinoa and coleslaw. The food was fresh and tasty. Service was also very good. Their Thursday drink special was $1 off glasses of wine. I was pleasantly surprised with the healthy choices on the menu.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

First time to Original Joe's. Good food for the most part (take a pass on the blackened Salmon). Excellent service with a smile and a joke! The restaurant and patio were packed with happy diners and sippers. The specialty drinks, that seem to change with the week along with the menu items, are delicious and well-worth trying as an aperitif. We'll go back there again!

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Yup, had the beef dip and got a side of mold. Right there on the top and bottom of the bun. How could they not notice that?? anyway, they brought us a fresh one and it was good but it really spoiled things.