“Prime rib burger”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Tonight against recommendations I ate at the hotel restaurant, they tell me they have an award winning chef . I ordered a bacon, mushroom and cheese burger .

What I got was a walmart patty , 2 slices of deep fried bacon , 1 slice of fried mushroom (witch was on the plate) and a 1/2 a slice of cheese on a patty with a cold bun presumably right out of the freezer . to accompany my meal was approx 4oz of fries standard and there fresh roast beef gravy ( trio one step ) . Ok now for the plus side I got a damn good deep fried pickle !!!!!! All this and a coffee for the price of $__.__ lets see how many of you can get close to the price of this wonderful meal and the restaurant expects a 25% gratuity ... Tommorrow I will post the total they put on my card for this adventure

2  Thank Goofier R

Reviewed December 25, 2013

The food was delicious! And all the staff were very friendly. A+ We also had their continental breakfast and it was very well done - lots of variety of food, both hot and cold. And the servers were very helpful and attentive.

2  Thank thradia2012
Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

4 pyramids, 4 sceneries. The tropical and arid pyramids were my favorite. We walked around ourselves as we had a little one ans its easier to do things at our own pace but there was an option for a guided tour. They r themed, this one being fables. Not much for story telling but im sure it would have been good. it took us just over an hour. The feature pyramid changes regularily but unfortunately the plants were not labeled so it was anybodys guess (tpur would have been helpful here) We stopped for a coffee at the cafe and ubfortunetly up until that point our experience had been pleasurable. We asked to sit on the patio as it was a nice day, the server literally rolled her eyes at our request and then flew by us with menus. Nothing like walking ur customers to their table. we found our own way. not once were we greated with a smile. It was a major mood killer especially for the overpriced tea and coffee. We drank up quickly and left as to not inconvience them any longer with our need for sugar or the bill.

1  Thank at1126
Reviewed April 25, 2013

What can I say. The building is undergoing a huge renovation. That really should not affect the quality of this restaurant.

We had a large group booked for a Sunday dinner recently (April 2013). So they knew we were coming. 20 of us. There might have been only another 6 people in the restaurant. The place feels isolated with all of the renovations - but again what should that have to do with the quality of the meal.

The servers did a fine job.

What became obvious was that there was only one cook. ONE COOK. From a distance, he looked like he was a serious and experienced fellow. And he was. He miraculously put together 20 meals that all came out within 10 minutes of each other (I guess that would be a fail by normally staffed restaurant standards -- but a true success for this guy given his circumstances). Keep in mind they knew we were coming for about a week.

The food was presented very well. This is where the review gets difficult. $36 for beef tenderloin. Maybe 5 oz if lucky. $26 for rib-eye....maybe 5 oz if lucky. We had a few of them. Mine had a thickness of 1/8th inch to 1/4 inch throughout. SERIOUSLY!!!! Kind of difficult to cook it medium....it was cooked well done. But HONESTLY I didn't even know one could sella Rib-Eye so thin. It was an Embarrasment that sat beautifully on an otherwise well presented plate (great fries and very nice veggies).

This restaurant used to be Vic's Steakhouse. Now it is temporarily Botanica (to take over the old one being renovated).

The cut of the Steaks were TERRIBLE. This is my observation and comments from family at our table of 10. 4 steaks within our immediate vicinity were shocking embarrassments. So how do say the Chef is GREAT? He really did the best he could with what he had. Should he have told usthat they had no steaks to serve that night? I guess so. He should not have used that poor quality or size or meat.

But those steaks were not cheap. I can see a cheap bar and grill selling these during the afternoon for a $8.99 afternoon special - if you dont mind eating very poor quality steaks.

This was a tough review. Short story....DO NOT ORDER THE STEAKS...and I guess I will always remember my 10 year old son's disgusted statement that his "shoes are now sticky" after visiting the very dirty bathroom.

1  Thank JohnCarlson
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Food is overpriced. Even the free breakfast ($16 if not a guest!!!) is bland but at least gets food in you to start your day. "Delicious Prime Rib Dinner" a lie it was not good. Poor service, especially from the supervisor, poor quality food. Do not eat here.

2  Thank CalJay

Been to Botanica? Share your experiences!