Ruth's Chris Steak House - Edmonton
Reserve with OpenTable
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Edmonton is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #54 of 2,516 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Transit: Directly in front of the restaurant
Description: When you visit Ruth's Chris, you will soon understand that this is no ordinary restaurant. Enjoy one of our Prime steaks, broiled to perfection at 1800 degrees and served sizzling, to the expertly executed seafood, New Orleans-inspired appetizers, unforgettable desserts and exceptional level of service, this is a steakhouse to which others aspire. Ruth’s Chris Steak House Edmonton is conveniently located in the heart of downtown, situated in a historic building that once housed a bank. Along with our A La Carte menu and our Classic 3 course menu starting at $59, we have some great features nights as well, visit us at http://ruthschrisalberta.ca/edmonton/features-listing/ for more info. Whether it is for a romantic dinner for two, a special celebration, an important business meeting, or a quick dinner before the big game, Ruth’s Chris Steak House will give an experience that “SIZZLES”!
Reviewed May 30, 2014

Loved the food. Least expensive item on the menu was delicious. Guilt trip followed (business expense).

1  Thank kwoursin

Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

Great place to get a good steak, a bit pricey but everything is prepared properly. Service is good. Nice for special occasion. Have been here several times.
Dan

Reviewed April 28, 2014

This was our 3rd visit to this location. It's one of those places you go to when you're prepared to indulge and that's that. My hubs booked a table for four for my birthday. We arrived early and had a drink at the bar, which was a lot of fun, as the bartender and wait staff had quite a camaraderie going, which made it feel like you were behind the scenes.
When the other 1/2 of our party arrived, we were quickly seated at our table, which had cute little birthday confettis spread around on it.
We didn't have the best waiter on this occassion. I think he was having a bad night, as he spilled a full carafe of wine behind us, and just didn't seem to be on his game. He took our order in stages. I started with the Onion Soup Au Gratin, as the bartenders had talked it up, it was good, but definitely not the best I've ever had. Dinner was a the petite filet and shrimp. One of the 2 filets was cooked to my liking, the other was quite rare, and I wonder if it didn't get switched with another member of our table, but being that it's fairly dark in there, I managed to eat both. Hubby said his ribeye was great. Hubs and I shared a stuffed baked potato and mushrooms, and both were great side options.
I wasn't impressed with the drinks I chose. The first, the drink special was a cherry mojito, which was quite sour. The bartender offered to add more soda to balance it out, though. The second, I believe called the Forest and Flower or some such thing was okay, but not something I would order twice. Our friends seemed happy with the wine choices.
For dessert, we shared Bread Pudding with Whiskey Sauce, with all 4 of us enjoying some. It was quite good. Then, about 45 minutes later, after we paid the bill, and were close to leaving, the waiter arrives with a plate of 3 mini desserts, asking whose birthday it was. The mini desserts included cheesecake, berries & cream and more bread pudding. They were all nice desserts, but a little late in their arrival. The cheesecake even had a birthday candle though!

Reviewed April 15, 2014

My husband and I took his mom for dinner at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse on Jasper ave in Edmonton in April 2014 and it was absolutely amazing! We had the stuffed chicken breast, stuffed mushrooms, tenderloin steak, lamb chops.... and more. The service is outstanding (we ate in the dining room). It is definitely expensive, but worth every penny in my opinion. The decor is so comfortable (we sat by the fireplace)! And, as an added bonus, they bring your entre out on a 1500 degree plate, so it stays hot the entire time you're eating it. I HIGHLY recommend dining at this restaurant!

Tips
- the menu is a la carte (sides etc are extra)
- have the cheesecake for dessert (it was the best cheesecake I've ever had)
- plan to spend a couple of hours there

Reviewed March 17, 2014

Overpriced for what it was.
Steak great, but you pay extra for any sides.
Would not go back a second time - tho I did enjoy the "one time"!
Staff were courteous.