“Pleasant Location”

Ruth's Chris Steak House - Edmonton
Reserve with OpenTable
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Edmonton is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #63 of 2,416 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Transit: Directly in front of the restaurant
Edmonton, Canada
“Pleasant Location”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

My wife and I had lunch here with another couple on a bitterly cold day. We were seated quickly in a warm location facing a gigantic fireplace.

We were able to order sandwiches at lunch, and still had the option of the more expensive dinner choices. Sandwiches cost around $22 and come with soup, salad or fries. My steak sandwich was tender and topped with a nice peppercorn sauce. I opted for the french onion soup (slight charge over the soup of the day) and it was hot, cheezy and delicious.

My wife and I each ordered a dessert. I might have missed the part on the dessert menu where they mentioned the size. Whether it's mentioned there or not, it's worth noting that the desserts are huge and can easily be shared by two people. I had the cheesecake and was commended by the server for my choice. He was right. It was fantastic.

The service was friendly and efficient.

1 Thank John S

Edmonton, Canada
“Hearty Lunch Menu”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

We went with friends for a leisurely lunch on a cold winter day. There are plenty of options for lunch. My husband began with the delicious shrimp cocktail which was served with four large shrimp. Two of us ordered their French Onion Soup which was good. We ordered the Prime Rib Sandwiches which were yummy but a bit messy. My husband ordered the Rueben Sandwich while his friend ordered the Steak Sandwich. We decided to check out the desserts: Carmelized Banana Cream Pie, Cheesecake and Apple Crisp a la mode. The portions were generous and filling. Desserts can easily be shared between two people.

1 Thank kpatters
Kamloops, Canada
“Night out in Edmonton”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Ordering is different you have to order everything separate. The rib eye steak was sizzling on heated plates. We shared the baked potato which was big enough for 2 and shared a plate of asparagus with hollandaise sauce it was a perfect sauce. We had 1lb of crab which was to die for. The waiter was very professional. This restaurant is very swanky, with fabulous food & presentation. Nice to be able to dress up for dinner. The manager gave me a tour as my husband got the vehicle. He then escorted me to the truck; where he opened the door for me. Very professional. It was an all around expensive but great evening out.

• Visited January 2014
North Holland Province, The Netherlands
“Good Food, Well Done Expensive Parking!”
Reviewed February 7, 2014

A party of 7 for a farewell dinner on an early Thursday evening. Bar is well stocked and the barman knows his cocktails and will make others to your order. Various dishes were ordered by the party all of which were good. As someone else mentioned it is a bit stupid giving you the main course on a plate which is barely big enough to accommodate it. Then spreading the side dishes around the table for everyone to help themselves to. Steaks were good both medium and well done. Chicken was moist and tasty, prawns also tasty and not overcooked as can sometimes be the case. I KNOW how much the pay for their wine as I worked for their wine supplier and they do mark it up perhaps a bit more than some establishments but hey we are paying for a large downtown location and nice surroundings. Avoid the car park right beside it and use the Library car park on the next block. I only found that out when it was too late! $5 instead of $12

“A wonderful experience”
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Recently went here to celebrate our anniversary. The service was great and we were made very welcome by the staff. The food was very good, my only issue being with the asparagus that was not cooked to our liking. The wine list is extensive, with some very good options, but expensive. Overall, we had a great meal and experience...and would recommend it for anyone who enjoys a good meal and can afford the price.