“Hearty Lunch Menu”

Ruth's Chris Steak House - Edmonton
Reserve with OpenTable
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Edmonton is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #52 of 2,573 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Transit: Directly in front of the restaurant
Description: When you visit Ruth's Chris, you will soon understand that this is no ordinary restaurant. Enjoy one of our Prime steaks, broiled to perfection at 1800 degrees and served sizzling, to the expertly executed seafood, New Orleans-inspired appetizers, unforgettable desserts and exceptional level of service, this is a steakhouse to which others aspire. Ruth’s Chris Steak House Edmonton is conveniently located in the heart of downtown, situated in a historic building that once housed a bank. Along with our A La Carte menu and our Ruth's Classics 3 course Prix Fixe Menu, we have some great features nights as well, visit us at http://ruthschrisalberta.ca/edmonton/features-listing/ for more info. Whether it is for a romantic dinner for two, a special celebration, an important business meeting, or a quick dinner before the big game, Ruth’s Chris Steak House will give an experience that “SIZZLES”!
Reviewed February 28, 2014

We went with friends for a leisurely lunch on a cold winter day. There are plenty of options for lunch. My husband began with the delicious shrimp cocktail which was served with four large shrimp. Two of us ordered their French Onion Soup which was good. We ordered the Prime Rib Sandwiches which were yummy but a bit messy. My husband ordered the Rueben Sandwich while his friend ordered the Steak Sandwich. We decided to check out the desserts: Carmelized Banana Cream Pie, Cheesecake and Apple Crisp a la mode. The portions were generous and filling. Desserts can easily be shared between two people.

1  Thank kpatters

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Ordering is different you have to order everything separate. The rib eye steak was sizzling on heated plates. We shared the baked potato which was big enough for 2 and shared a plate of asparagus with hollandaise sauce it was a perfect sauce. We had 1lb of crab which was to die for. The waiter was very professional. This restaurant is very swanky, with fabulous food & presentation. Nice to be able to dress up for dinner. The manager gave me a tour as my husband got the vehicle. He then escorted me to the truck; where he opened the door for me. Very professional. It was an all around expensive but great evening out.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

A party of 7 for a farewell dinner on an early Thursday evening. Bar is well stocked and the barman knows his cocktails and will make others to your order. Various dishes were ordered by the party all of which were good. As someone else mentioned it is a bit stupid giving you the main course on a plate which is barely big enough to accommodate it. Then spreading the side dishes around the table for everyone to help themselves to. Steaks were good both medium and well done. Chicken was moist and tasty, prawns also tasty and not overcooked as can sometimes be the case. I KNOW how much the pay for their wine as I worked for their wine supplier and they do mark it up perhaps a bit more than some establishments but hey we are paying for a large downtown location and nice surroundings. Avoid the car park right beside it and use the Library car park on the next block. I only found that out when it was too late! $5 instead of $12

Reviewed February 7, 2014

Recently went here to celebrate our anniversary. The service was great and we were made very welcome by the staff. The food was very good, my only issue being with the asparagus that was not cooked to our liking. The wine list is extensive, with some very good options, but expensive. Overall, we had a great meal and experience...and would recommend it for anyone who enjoys a good meal and can afford the price.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

How much can you charge to grill a steak and put it on a ridiculously small plate, well according to the prices at Ruth's Chris, a lot. Over the past couple of months I've been to Ruth's Chris for 2 business lunches and 1 business dinner. I'll be the first to admit that the food and service were very good but it was business related and someone else was paying. If it's your own money expect the Ruth's Chris experience to be one of the most expensive in Edmonton.

The restaurant can get busy, tables are close together and some of the larger parties can get noisy so the atmosphere is not necessarily that intimate or quiet.

They have an extensive wine list but I found the mark-up higher than normal. I know restaurants have to recover costs for corkage service and use of wine glasses but close to $100 dollars for a bottle of Meiomi pinot noir? Superstore has this on special once a monthly for under $20 and I can get it most times for less than $30 at my local wine store.

You will have to be your own judge on the premium someone should charge to grill a steak, albeit how well they do it. One thing I don't understand is why they persist on plating your expensive steak on a goofy small white plate giving you no room to put any of your sides like potatoes or vegetables, which by the way are a la carte.

1  Thank TwitchyEdmonton