“Too expensive for what you get.”

Ruth's Chris Steak House - Edmonton
Reserve with OpenTable
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Edmonton is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #56 of 2,527 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Transit: Directly in front of the restaurant
Description: When you visit Ruth's Chris, you will soon understand that this is no ordinary restaurant. Enjoy one of our Prime steaks, broiled to perfection at 1800 degrees and served sizzling, to the expertly executed seafood, New Orleans-inspired appetizers, unforgettable desserts and exceptional level of service, this is a steakhouse to which others aspire. Ruth’s Chris Steak House Edmonton is conveniently located in the heart of downtown, situated in a historic building that once housed a bank. Along with our A La Carte menu and our Classic 3 course menu starting at $59, we have some great features nights as well, visit us at http://ruthschrisalberta.ca/edmonton/features-listing/ for more info. Whether it is for a romantic dinner for two, a special celebration, an important business meeting, or a quick dinner before the big game, Ruth’s Chris Steak House will give an experience that “SIZZLES”!
Reviewed April 24, 2013

My first visit. Had heard reviews from friends so knew what to expect. But hearing about it and experiencing it were two different things. Meat portions too large and no option for reasonable sizes. And prices were very high for this "slab of meat". Perhaps I should have stuck to the Alberta Beef instead of trying the American (corn-fed) variety. Not a fan. And it literally was just that, a slab of meat, nothing fancy or special. I think my ribeye was at least 16oz. So not necessary! No wonder the obesity epidemic! And at $50+ for just the meat, add in a massive potato and veggies, the cost was inappropriately high. Yes, two of us shared the massive 1 pound potato upon the suggestion by the waitress. But guess what? We didn't even get plates large enough for anything other than the steak. So in this supposed fine dining establishment we had to scoop off and eat from a plate in the centre of the table. Hardly the table etiquette I'd expect to display in such a place. Price tag for two steaks, one potato, one veggie, one appetizer, one ice cream, a 1/2 bottle of wine, and tip....$250. I did not feel I got value for this money. I will never go back. I prefer the steaks and prices of the Keg.

1  Thank canadiantraveller70

Reviewed April 19, 2013

I Recently had dinner at the restaurant, I was told by the server that their best steak was the USDA rib eye with the bone on. It was one of the worst steaks I have ever had, tough and tasteless a total disappointment. I had all the sides and they were just so so except for the onion rings which were excellent. There is no way I would ever consider eating there again for the prce and quality.

1  Thank pace34
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We went here last week for supper.

I have been to the Calgary location and enjoyed the food so thought my company from the UK would enjoy the Alberta Beef there,

To start off they had a fire 2 days before so the restaurant smelled like burning plastic.

I realize this is not their fault.

The 3 of us ordered steaks Alberta tenderloin and NY strip. My tenderloin was not very tender and my coworkers Strip was overcooked due to the temperature of the plate. The asparagus was overcooked and hollandaise cold. The mushrooms flavorless.

If our server had bothered to come back and ask about the meals we could have let him know..

I have ate at far better steak houses for the money and the service was definitely better anywhere but here.

The Keg will cook a better steak than this.

Not worth the money

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Celebrating my daughters birthday we headed to Ruth Chris mid week, to use up a certificate we bought at an auction. Parking around the restaurant is tight, if you cant get a street spot, then the library parade is the next best spot.

The place was busy, and it is tight seating in this restaurant, tables quite close to one another.
We were seated promptly, but service throughout the evening was sporadic. We waited extended periods between ordering and getting our various courses.

The appetizers - coconut shrimp and crab cakes were fine, not great, and pricey.
I ordered the cowboy ribeye thinking I would share with my wife and daughter , they split the tenderloin. With the spinach au gratin, and French fries we were ready. The gap between appetizers and main course was lengthy. When it did arrive I was concerned as they weave through the tables with the 500 degree plates....

The main course tenderloin was ok to good, the cowboy ribeye was enormous, the spinach au gratin can be skipped, was gooey. French fries were good.
I barbecue a lot and I do rib eyes and tenderloin, thus I have high expectations.
I would rank their food as average, especially when one considers the price. 59.00 for a cowboy steak, corn fed or not seems pricey.
At some point, someone came buy (manager?) did not introduce themselves, asked ownour meal was, response -"fine" and then he left
We finished our meal and then waited for the bill.
It was about 250.00 with a complimentary bottle of wine.
Food - average but pricey
Service - inconsistent, impersonal and inattentive

Would I go back? Not immediately. Better value (much better)at the Chop steakhouse

Ps. I am annoyed at the hoopla about the 500 degree plates and the corn fed beef, coupled with the pricing, think they could do better.

1  Thank Rick L
Reviewed April 12, 2013

We visited Ruth's Chris Steakhouse while in Edmonton over the Easter Break. We hadn't read any reviews about it it was close to our hotel and we didn't even know it was a chain when we walked in.
However we are so glad we went. It is nothing like any other chain restaurants. We were seated in the downstairs part of the restaurant and it was cozy and inviting. We had excellent waiter who was proud to tell us what was on the menu and gave good recommendations on the food and the wine.
I had the rib eye which was hands down the best steak I have had in my entire life. The steak is brought out on a sizzling hot plate which kept it warm for the whole meal and was cooked to perfection. We shared 2 sides which was more than enough, if not too much. The steak is on the generous side and delicious.
It is expensive so we made this our treat night. But didn't regret spending the dollars. We will definitely come back here.