“Expensive”

Ruth's Chris Steak House - Edmonton
Reserve with OpenTable
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Edmonton is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #62 of 2,439 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Transit: Directly in front of the restaurant
Description: When you visit Ruth's Chris, you will soon understand that this is no ordinary restaurant. From the Alberta & USDA Prime steaks, broiled to perfection at 1800 degrees and served sizzling, to the expertly executed seafood, New Orleans-inspired appetizers, unforgettable desserts and exceptional level of service, this is a steakhouse to which others aspire. Ruth’s Chris Steak House Edmonton is conveniently located in the heart of downtown, situated in a historic building that once housed a bank. Along with our A La Carte menu and our Classic 3 course menu starting at $52, we have some great features nights as well. Whether it is for a romantic dinner for two, a special celebration, an important business meeting, or a quick dinner before the big game, Ruth’s Chris Steak House will give an experience that “SIZZLES”!
“Expensive”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I went with a group of friends for my girlfriends birthday. I'm not a picky eater, I don't expect much other than a hot meal. I asked for my steak blue rare, which shouldn't be hard to screw up. When I received my order it was cooked, almost well done. The server took it back and happily brought me a new one. Other than that, it's just quite expensive, you have to pay for every additional side that you want. If you want a potato that's extra, vegetables that's extra. (on top of your already expensive meat choice).

Just wasn't my cup of tea.

Edmonton, Canada
“Way overpriced, way too much butter and way overhyped.”
Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

We found the apps and sides all cooked in butter and garlic with too much salt. The steak which was touted to be in the top two percent of NA beef was good but not spectacular. Again, the beef was drenched in garlic butter.
Atmosphere was nice and the service was fine. Overall, given the outrageous prices and average food, I don't think we will be back, at least in my own dime.

1 Thank Bloodaxe61
Edmonton, Canada
“Wonderful Ambiance Great Service”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

We were invited out to Ruth Chris Steak House by my brother and his wife for our anniversary. The service was wonderful, the steak cooked to perfection and the place has a lovely ambiance. I would highly recommend it.

Visited June 2012
Bashaw, Alberta, Canada
“Wonderful meal and excellent service!”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

As a vegetarian I actually didn't expect much but the meal was fantastic! They offered a marinated portabello mushroom entree that was so good I wanted to lick the plate. My boyfriend was equally happy with his steak. The service was great and we will definitely be going back.

Visited October 2012
Edmonton, Canada
“Very pricey for what you get”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

It certainly has one of the best steaks in town but quite pricey. I've been here only once and the food was great and the service impeccable - it is a franchise and for a franchise, not bad in this part of Canada where they love their Alberta beef.

Visited March 2012