“Wonderful Ambiance Great Service”

Ruth's Chris Steak House - Edmonton
Reserve with OpenTable
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Edmonton is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #56 of 2,473 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Transit: Directly in front of the restaurant
Description: When you visit Ruth's Chris, you will soon understand that this is no ordinary restaurant. From the Alberta & USDA Prime steaks, broiled to perfection at 1800 degrees and served sizzling, to the expertly executed seafood, New Orleans-inspired appetizers, unforgettable desserts and exceptional level of service, this is a steakhouse to which others aspire. Ruth’s Chris Steak House Edmonton is conveniently located in the heart of downtown, situated in a historic building that once housed a bank. Along with our A La Carte menu and our Classic 3 course menu starting at $52, we have some great features nights as well. Whether it is for a romantic dinner for two, a special celebration, an important business meeting, or a quick dinner before the big game, Ruth’s Chris Steak House will give an experience that “SIZZLES”!
Edmonton, Canada
“Wonderful Ambiance Great Service”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

We were invited out to Ruth Chris Steak House by my brother and his wife for our anniversary. The service was wonderful, the steak cooked to perfection and the place has a lovely ambiance. I would highly recommend it.

Visited June 2012

Bashaw, Alberta, Canada
“Wonderful meal and excellent service!”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

As a vegetarian I actually didn't expect much but the meal was fantastic! They offered a marinated portabello mushroom entree that was so good I wanted to lick the plate. My boyfriend was equally happy with his steak. The service was great and we will definitely be going back.

Visited October 2012
Edmonton, Canada
“Very pricey for what you get”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

It certainly has one of the best steaks in town but quite pricey. I've been here only once and the food was great and the service impeccable - it is a franchise and for a franchise, not bad in this part of Canada where they love their Alberta beef.

Visited March 2012
Edmonton, Canada
“Surprisingly a very good restaurant”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

We went to Ruth's Chris in Edmonton for the very first time this week. I had always been scared away by the prices, but we tried it. The meat portions are somewhat pricy, but enormous in size. A 12 ounce filet is $52, the lamb which my wife enjoyed is $48, both were cooked and served to perfection. Vegetables and salads etc are extra of course. Wine and drinks a little pricy, but go for the food. The meat quality is exceptional. It does cost a little more than other restaurants i agree, but I wouldn't say far out of line for what you get. It is a classic old style steak amd prime rib restaurant, the classic decor matching restaurant style. We have paid similar food prices at other so called high end restaurants and got a lot less for what we got here and were very satisfied. We will return!

• Visited October 2012
“Wednesday Date Night”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Good first experience at this location. We chose to celebrate our anniversary here on account of the $99 date night. One appetizer, two main courses, two sides of your choice, one dessert to share and a glass of wine each.

Service is excellent from greeting you by name and taking your jackets when you first arrive, to dirty dishes being cleared ASAP. Service was by far the best part of the night

Crab stuffed mushroom caps were superb. My boyfriend had the strip loin and I had the petit filet, both were good. I chose my filet without butter and it was lacking in flavour without it but cooked to absolute perfection. The desserts are massive and could feed a family of four easily.

Wine list is a bit ridiculous. $17 for a 6 oz glass of oyster bay sav. Blanc? In your dreams!!!

Overall good experience but I will only return on date night just because I do not feel that the steak alone is worth $52. I also wish they used Alberta beef but as an American franchise I doubt they have control over that

• Visited October 2012