“Very pricey for what you get”

Ruth's Chris Steak House - Edmonton
Reserve with OpenTable
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Edmonton is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #64 of 2,393 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Transit: Directly in front of the restaurant
Edmonton, Canada
“Very pricey for what you get”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

It certainly has one of the best steaks in town but quite pricey. I've been here only once and the food was great and the service impeccable - it is a franchise and for a franchise, not bad in this part of Canada where they love their Alberta beef.

Visited March 2012

Edmonton, Canada
“Surprisingly a very good restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

We went to Ruth's Chris in Edmonton for the very first time this week. I had always been scared away by the prices, but we tried it. The meat portions are somewhat pricy, but enormous in size. A 12 ounce filet is $52, the lamb which my wife enjoyed is $48, both were cooked and served to perfection. Vegetables and salads etc are extra of course. Wine and drinks a little pricy, but go for the food. The meat quality is exceptional. It does cost a little more than other restaurants i agree, but I wouldn't say far out of line for what you get. It is a classic old style steak amd prime rib restaurant, the classic decor matching restaurant style. We have paid similar food prices at other so called high end restaurants and got a lot less for what we got here and were very satisfied. We will return!

• Visited October 2012
“Wednesday Date Night”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

Good first experience at this location. We chose to celebrate our anniversary here on account of the $99 date night. One appetizer, two main courses, two sides of your choice, one dessert to share and a glass of wine each.

Service is excellent from greeting you by name and taking your jackets when you first arrive, to dirty dishes being cleared ASAP. Service was by far the best part of the night

Crab stuffed mushroom caps were superb. My boyfriend had the strip loin and I had the petit filet, both were good. I chose my filet without butter and it was lacking in flavour without it but cooked to absolute perfection. The desserts are massive and could feed a family of four easily.

Wine list is a bit ridiculous. $17 for a 6 oz glass of oyster bay sav. Blanc? In your dreams!!!

Overall good experience but I will only return on date night just because I do not feel that the steak alone is worth $52. I also wish they used Alberta beef but as an American franchise I doubt they have control over that

• Visited October 2012
“Best chicken I have ever had!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

Although they put us in the basement which was still nice I think I would have preferred up stairs. But that's what we get for not making a reservation. The wine was really expensive but the stuffed chicken really made the experience. The entire meal was unbelievably delicious but the stuffed chicken was the best I had ever had. Recommend it 100%

“Fine but overrated”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

The downtown location is well situated from nearby hotels and there's (pay) parking right behind the restaurant which is convenient.

Atmosphere-wise, the restaurant is nice. Upscale and plush with the bar area on the main floor and the dining area underground in the basement. Dark wood and dimly lit which makes for a nice night out.

Food-wise, it's overrated. Don't get me wrong - the steak was fine, cooked to order and the sides were fine too. But "fine" is the operative word here. At $50 a plate, you sort of expect something a little more amazing than "fine." Plus, if you order the steaks, that's all you get. Literally a piece of meat on a plate. It doesn't come with anything and you have to order each side separately.

Service-wise, it was good. Unobtrusive and quiet-spoken without too much attitude.

Is it worth it? Depends what you're looking for. If you're going for the experience then sure. If you're going for the food, there's better food elsewhere for that price.

• Visited September 2012