“Horrible”

Ruth's Chris Steak House - Edmonton
Reserve with OpenTable
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Edmonton is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #57 of 2,590 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Transit: Directly in front of the restaurant
Description: When you visit Ruth's Chris, you will soon understand that this is no ordinary restaurant. Enjoy one of our Prime steaks, broiled to perfection at 1800 degrees and served sizzling, to the expertly executed seafood, New Orleans-inspired appetizers, unforgettable desserts and exceptional level of service, this is a steakhouse to which others aspire. Ruth’s Chris Steak House Edmonton is conveniently located in the heart of downtown, situated in a historic building that once housed a bank. Along with our A La Carte menu and our Ruth's Classics 3 course Prix Fixe Menu, we have some great features nights as well, visit us at http://ruthschrisalberta.ca/edmonton/features-listing/ for more info. Whether it is for a romantic dinner for two, a special celebration, an important business meeting, or a quick dinner before the big game, Ruth’s Chris Steak House will give an experience that “SIZZLES”!
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Don t ever order sea food from that Place. It will make u sick!!! Terrible manager and pretencious on top. Would not take it the fish was too old to be eaten. 38 dollars the Plate for the sea food trio. Don t ever order that if u don t want to throw up all night after having complained and what u got out of it is a 50 percent discount on the plate. The people that eat there and say it is good are people that think that paying big price for sth means excellent. It s like wine. There is disguting expensive wine out there. Never will return. A reeeeaaaaaaallllllllllllll joke!!!!

1  Thank Ucluelet

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Went here a couple of nights during my visit to Edmonton on business. The ambiance in the place was nice but it was very quite, being holiday time in Edmonton. Food was excellent and the staff were very courtious and helpful. The bill on the other hand was a bit of a sting in the tail though. everything is charged for and i mean everything.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

Made on-line reservations for anniversary dinner and added the request for an "intimate table for two". I didn't really have over-the-top expectations of privacy having been there once before and knowing the layout. Upon arrival, we were seated on the ground floor at a table for 4 in the middle of the room. Not what I wanted, but again, wasn't expecting rock star treatment. Our server arrived shortly thereafter and observantly said "I see on your reservation notes you asked for an intimate table; I can re-seat you downstairs where you won't be in the middle of the room". Outstanding! If I would have had $10 in my pocket, I would have gladly handed it over, but I was only carrying my credit card. Regrettably, he would not serve us that night as I had hoped to re-pay his kindness with my tip (and shame-on-you guy at reception...).

Food quality I feel is very good to excellent. I must say the Lobster Bisque is heavenly and the flavour lingers in your memory long after the empty bowl is gone.

I find prices average for some items and a little much for others for restaurants of this caliber. However, as we are only once-a-year customers at best, I'm willing to pay a little extra for the experience.

I am a little surprised at it's rating (#87) but I understand if you spend ~$50 on a steak, it better be one of the best you've ever had. I was also taken aback to see men in jeans and t-shirt. I would have thought they would more strictly enforce their "dressy casual" dress code.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

I've never been a huge fan of Ruth's Chris restaurants but like many people I love a good steak. Well, the steak was good but definitely not worth the prices they charge. Best thing about the meal was the dessert - ice cream with a decadent caramel sauce. I'd go back for that, but only for that. I do have to mention the service though. Our servers name was David and he did an absolutely outstanding job. Our meals weren't necessarily worth the prices but he was worth every penny of the tip. You could tell he truly understood what customer service is all about. Thank you David!

Reviewed July 16, 2012

Heard about this restaurant and thought we would try it for lunch. We were the only customers in the establishment, and I can understand why. The menu is high priced for lunch, if the quality of the food was what you would expect for the cost, fine. The salad arrived, boxed croutons and the dressing tasted like bottled, seriously.
Take it up a couple of notches please. I paid for a salad to be fresh not premade.

2  Thank mandy s