“$8 for a pot of ordinary black tea for one...give me a break!”
Review of La Shish Shawarma

La Shish Shawarma
Ranked #1,521 of 2,540 Restaurants in Edmonton
Reviewed July 16, 2012

The Falafal plate was dry, boring, cold, and tasteless and the waitress kept calling me "dear" which I abhor but I would not have complained had I not gotten the bill for $8 for a pot of ordinary tea for one. I walked out swearing I would never go back and I won't.

Reviewed June 5, 2012

We dropped in late on a Saturday night as a first-time visit for a simple bite after a show. We left $100 later - what a rip off! When we asked for the bill, we got to know about the $10 cover charge and 15% fixed gratuity. It cost $32 before drinks, cover charge, and tips.

The food was poor strip mall quality; nothing exotic in terms of flavour or presentation. The cover charge applies to a Lebanese DJ playing extremely loud and treble-high songs and a belly dancer. It all amounted to a joke offering nothing more than OK people watching; it is a strip mall location when it's all said and done. It seems to be a regular hookah stop.

The place is painfully tacky and over the top. We will not return, even during the day, for the food VS entertainment. There are better places in Edmonton for late night and/or Lebanese food.

Reviewed April 25, 2012 via mobile

I'll drive 100 kms for my monthly fix of this place!!!! Every single time we go, the food is bang on traditional Lebanese!!!! You'll eat tons and not feel like crap afterwards , give it a try, you'll like it!!

1  Thank vhetu
Reviewed October 28, 2010

go to a real restaurant with real food ...... try any other place but this place.
bad experience and service.
jamal

Reviewed April 26, 2010

The wraps, falafel and the chicken and beef rice dishes all very good. But one thing i wasnt too pleased at is that they list couscous on their menu in the downtown location, but everytime i order it, they say they have ran out (happened 3 times), so obviously they discontinued it but whenever someone orders it they lie and say they ran out..why dont they just take it off the menu i dont know. that aside, the wraps, rice plates, hummus and garlic dip that comes with it is excellent, although it will make you smell like garlic for 3 days after, its that strong. the falafel i love to wrap inside the pita bread they give as a side, spread with some of that hummus and garlic dip and a bit of the veggies. but you have to be careful, falafel not always very fresh, last time my friend complained that it was hard and dry (it was). Service not bad, never had problems with that, but ive heard complaints from others.

1  Thank EdmontonDindin