“Great date place” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tzin Wine & Tapas

Tzin Wine & Tapas
Reserve with OpenTable
Tzin Wine & Tapas is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #38 of 2,376 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: Wine Bar, Spanish, Canadian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Jasper Ave NW
Transit: We are located next to the Bay (LRT) subway station. Jasper Avenue is located one half block south of TZiN. Here you will find several routes which service the downtown core, also making accessibility to TZiN very convenient.
Richmond, Virginia
“Great date place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014

Everything was great! Love the food, the wine (wine suggestions) and the atmosphere. My wife and I stopped in without a reservation and luckily got a seat. i would recommend making a reservation in the future because it is a small space. Kelsey was great answering our questions about the menu and everything the chef sent out of the kitchen was incredible and fresh! I would certainly come back without hesitation.

• Visited January 2014
3 Thank JPF-SPF

Edmonton, Canada
“Great (small) room - great service - great meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

My wife and I recently got to Tzin (finally) and found it to be everything people have said. Excellent service, creative and fresh food, decent wine list, and cosy. Served in a tapas style, the restaurant has a nice variety of dishes, and we basically started at the top and worked our way down one dish at a time. There were no duds, and some of them had us wondering about ordering a second!

While it is tapas in style, the dishes are not generally typical of Spanish tapas, but wonderful nonetheless. The only thing to be aware of is that the small size (like 8 tables) means that in order to make the concept work, they need to turn their tables. As a result, there was a discreet card in the menu asking diners to keep their visit to 2 hours. For many, this would be no problem. However, it does create a tension with the tapas concept, which tends to mean a slow food and slow dining experience.

That said, the staff were very accommodating as we stretched our dinner over the 2 hour mark, and indicated that we could stay and enjoy the end of the meal. They also said that if we ever want to come and have a longer, lingering dinner, just to let them know and they would find a way to accommodate us. A great restaurant!!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank gbecker13
“Will not return!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

I went here in the summer time with some girlfriends. We were celebeating a friends birthday. The portions were so small and very expensive and came very slow. Also half our firends didn't get their food when the other half did. We spent about $400 on food and drinks by the end the night and they wouldn't allow my friend, who's birthday it was, to have a mini birthday cupcake that we got her. They were really rude at this point. Needless to say I will never come back.

7 Thank Krystle S
Edmonton
“Best. Restaurant. Ever.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

I know my way around a menu, and we are fairly well versed in wines. Having said that, we were delighted to be given details about the nuances of various dishes on the menu this evening, and we put ourselves in the hands of the restaurant with regards to wine pairings for our menu choices. It was AMAZING. Every menu choice was superb, and the wines got better with each dish. We felt we were treated as special friends on our first visit to Tzin. I can't remember when I had a better meal. I have NEVER checked the "best meals you have ever had in a restaurant" boxes before, but I do it with pleasure for Tzin. We will be back to this delightful and excellent little restaurant!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank JESEdmonton
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
“Tasty Delight!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2013

The wait to get into this place is well worth it! Very small but uniquely designed restaurant with very yummy dishes. The Baked Brie was my favorite, but I have to go back and try all the dishes. I'm hooked and this place is on the Top 5 of my dining out list! Treat yourself and dine here!

• Visited December 2013