“Great Atmosphere and Drinks but that's about it” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Century Grill & Bar - CLOSED

Century Grill & Bar
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Fusion, Canadian
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Calgary Trail South
Cross street: Whitemud Fwy
Transit: Century Grill & Century Room are adjacent to all major bus routes along Calgary Trail and 7 blocks from the Southgate terminal. The new LRT South Line phase also runs within 7 blocks, linking with the downtown core. Coming from West Edmonton Mall, city buses are only a few stops away.
Fort Saskatchewan, Canada
“Great Atmosphere and Drinks but that's about it”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

Other than the décor and lounge/bar feel there is nothing special about Century Grill. When you first walk in you feel like you should have dressed up to go out. The staff are professional but overall service is slow, there was lot of staff "hanging out" at the bar and not taking care of customers. The drinks were great but a bit pricey for the amount you get.
I was quite disappointed with the menu, very basic homey foods that you can make yourself. We ordered a few appetizers but not one stood out as great. Our meals where big but again nothing special that would make me want to come back.
I guess an empty parking lot, immediate seating and our first waitress being sent home early because it wasn't busy enough should have tip us off that we should have gone somewhere else. We will not be coming back here again unless they have a new menu to try.

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Edmonton, Canada
“service was slow, food wasn't much better”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

While our server seemed very attentive, she had to contend with slow service from the bar and food prep.
Meals were as follows, 1 good, 2 ok, 2 not so good.
Appetizers were meager portions except for the chicken wings. Starter salads were tasteless.
The "special" - steak was terrible. It had no flavor - it tasted like a pan fried steak with no seasoning. It had some sort of drizzle which had no flavor. Plain jasmine rice, and chili broccolini which was the best part of the meal.
The free range chicken was good and ribs and tenderloin -ok.

The main complain we all had was the food was overly salty.
We skipped desert, a first I think...but the salt had killed our appetites.

The best part of the meal was it was a beautiful evening to sit outside.
In reading the reviews again....I would say if you are going to eat here stay away from the "specials", common theme is they aren't that good.

• Visited September 2013
Hardisty, Canada
“Excellent Waiter, Mediocre Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

Music and crying baby were in competition...didn't like either.
Food ranges from appetizers that you could get at any franchise restaurant and seafood meal was below par. One saving grace was out waiter Julian and Tevy(assisting him).
Won't be on our places to visit again. :(

• Visited August 2013
Sherwood Park, Canada
“Excellent night out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

We went early to dinner and chose the two person menu for $80. This was perfect for us as it had steak for her, chicken for me and prawns for us both. In addition there was a variety of vegetables. The salad was fresh and crisp but the cake at the end was just OK. I did notice that a manager made a point of going to each table to check on the evening's proceedings for the patrons. We ate inside although there was a patio. There were not many people there for a 6:30 reservation on a Thursday. The waiter was very attentive and the music was at the right level in the background to cut down ambient noise but allow us to converse easily.

• Visited July 2013
St. Albert
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

I found the restaurant very noisy, lots of clanging and other noise. I ordered the calamari for an appetizer and the short ribs for my meal. The calamari were topped with slices of hot pepper which left a taste on the calamari I didn't like, the menu does not tell you there are peppers on the dish. My short ribs were supposed to come with roman style gnocchi but it was on top of a very dry and tasteless polenta. There were very few vegetables with the dish and since I did not eat the polenta there was very little food. The rib meat had a lot of black pepper taste and because it was basically all I ate the taste was overwhelming.
This restaurant has an up-scale reputation but I found it very average and not worth the price of the food.

• Visited July 2013