“Mmmm... Tasty!!”

Ranked #248 of 2,527 Restaurants in Edmonton
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

This was my second visit to Tropika, but again it was tasty and fresh!! Fair warning to anyone with a MSG allergy they use a lot!! I have a minor allergy and defiantly feel it but it is worth the 9 gallons of water I need to drink after to get the burning of my cheeks to go away!! And that says a lot!! We had the pineapple fried rice... My favourite!! And the Spicy dry pork (not the right name I know but I cannot remember) they are both so tasty and freshly made I love it!! The Thai stir fry veggies are also great!! We ordered drinks... Nothing special wouldn't recommend. Same with desert... Nothing special fill up on the delicious entrees! The only thing I really dislike about the restaurant is it is 2012 why no Debit.... I really do not like not having this option!!

Reviewed December 11, 2012

The food is so so, the waitress had a no care attitude, will not return, next time we will go back nextdoor to Syphay!

Reviewed December 6, 2012

Ate at this restaurant twice over the past month, both times experienced great food, fresh and falvoursome, true to its origins. The indonesian spring roles are amazing, with those fried peanuts encrusted in the pastry, awesome and of all of the dishes eaten the fish prepared in rendang curry was exceptionally memorable. The service was attentive although not overly effusive, I'll go back again as my tastebuds thank me for it.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

for years was our fav restaurant anytime we travelled to Edmonton but sadly would never eat there or recommend it again! All staff seemed to have changed & so has the food. Wanted to order appetizers, eat them & then order mains & told the waitress this but she came over multiple times interrupting us during appetizers anyway. Kitchen was open for 1.5 hrs longer & other diners in the restauarant so that's not the reason. Main reason wouldn't go back is seems the ingredients are low quality now - thin chicken coconut soup that tastes too citrusy & has gristled chicken chunks on the bone (inlcuding bone fragments), pork sticky rice rolls have gristly chewy pork, bbq chicken is dried out & slightly burned, coconut rice lacks flavour & is dry. so very disappointing.

1  Thank arcticgrrl
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I was very disappointed with this restaurant. The service was so bad that our food was lukewarm by the time we got it. Since they would not make us new food, we left without eating.

1  Thank mayerthorpefarmgirl