“Nothing to Rave About”

Ranked #193 of 2,503 Restaurants in Edmonton
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 15, 2013

A lot of people seem to like the Olive Garden. They must not know how pasta should be cooked. The Olive Garden over cooks their pasta and puts way too much sodium. The Olive Garden is the McDonalds of Italian restaurants. It's garbage.

There are newer reviews for Olive Garden

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Consistently great food and the service is great as well. We always order a side "boat" of Alfredo sauce to dip our breadsticks in... Do we need the additional calories? No, but who cares - it's delicious! Love the salad also - so simple, yet so great. I recently learned that you can buy the salad dressing in a bottle for home use - Highly recommended!

Reviewed March 28, 2013

My wife and I went out to the Olive Garden, This restaurant is one of our regular choices because of the soup and salad. We went to try out the $35 deal and were quite quickly seated at table. I checked my watch to see what time it was and made a joke that i hoped they would not forget about us like had happened to us at another restaurant. After 20 minutes of watching other guests get their drinks and food orders taken, I again used my cell phone to call the restaurant. I asked to speak to the manager and asked her if she would come to our table to discuss the lack of service. She showed up real fast as were were no more then 40 feet from the front door. She stopped by the table and polity apologized for the delay and asked us to wait a couple more minutes while she fond out what happened to cause us to be missed by the staff. She returned promptly with a server and explained the hostess had seated us at a closed table by mistake. The manager again apologized and introduced us to the server who promised to take excellent care of us because of he problems.

We placed our order and the food was delivered to us quickly and it was quite enjoyable once we received it. Our waitress was very attentive throughout the evening and we were thankful for her efforts. It seemed though the kitchen was having issues with others that evening as the people at the table behind ours were still waiting for their dinner and the waitress was apologizing and calling the manager over for them as well.

The manager took care of and covered the bill for our dinner to make amends for the failure of the staff to notice our lack of service, and for that we are appreciative. We have been back to this location and it the service was acceptably quick and accurate. Looks like we just were there on a bad night.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Always fantastic! Best meal by far on our trip to Edmonton. Pricey but worth the money. Great service.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Service was great, had the lasagna it was flavourful though I wish I would have had the egg plant. Like the wine matching menu great idea.