“go hungry TO brunch” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sawmill - Capilano

Sawmill - Capilano
Reserve with OpenTable
Sawmill - Capilano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #296 of 2,376 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: American, Bar, Canadian, Steakhouse, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 50 Street
Transit: Right near the Capilano transit centre.
Edmonton, Canada
“go hungry TO brunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2012

Really great selections of food for brunch. The atmosphere is elegant and posh, the service is great and the food is well prepared. But go hungry. There are a lot of foods to choose from, from the buffet. Outstanding. Loved it.

Edmonton, Canada
“Cozy ambiance, Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2011

If you are looking for a quaint, not too bright atmosphere and good food, try this place. The salad bar is nice, as there are not too many of those around anymore. The prime rib is very nice and usually pretty consistent. A nice place for a celebration or just to relax for the evening, as it doesnt get too noisy.

Sherwood Park, Canada
“Good steak sauce”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2011

My favourite is the sesame steak sauce. The steaks are alway good but the service is sometimes lacking.

Edmonton
“Quantity service in a Quality advertised business!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2011

We made reservations for a romantic night out, The restaurant was noisy, the food was ill prepared (meat underdone ) over spiced. The Chef did come out at the end and asked us how things were. but by then the sense of the evening had been lost.

• Visited November 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Canada
“overpriced food - the quality is very disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2011

I feel like I just ate at a cheap Chinese joint. After our arrival during our busy lunch, and being completely ignored for at least 15 minutes, we were offered water and had our orders taken. The menu is very limited, you can't even substitute the regular cheap white bun with any other bun (I wanted a whole wheat because of blood sugar issues), so I had requested the gluten-free chicken on a bed of rice instead. It was terrible. Doused in an 'asian' sauce that was 80% pure white refined sugar (hopefully not corn syrup, I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt here). It was like a bowl of candy and completely disgusting, you couldn't even taste the vegetables. I'm currently pregnant and feel bad for feeding this to my fetus. I also feel bad for asking my husband to go there with me, we should have just went to the Blue Plate downtown where I know for a fact I could get a plate for the same money but the service is friendly, fast, and accommodating and the food is not cheap crap but often local and overall very healthy and tasty.

• Visited October 2011