“Unique restaurant and good food”
Review of High Level Diner

High Level Diner
Ranked #16 of 2,527 Restaurants in Edmonton
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Garneau
Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

We came here for brunch. I initially seen this place on the TV show, you gotta eat here. It is good but I didn't find it that great. We went on a day that they had Ukrainian food on special. My bf loved it. It had the saukeraut, sausages, peroggies, and sour cabbage rolls. The portion was very big. I had the regular brunch food, eggs, bacon, and toast so I don't have too much to say about the food. Their ketchup is homemade and got a kick to it.
Interior decor is outdated but it has that cute vintage look.

Reviewed April 3, 2014

Sunny day to dine at a local favourite. The staff are friendly and warm, and the place riddled with everything Edmonton and Old Strath. The breakfast starts at 7:30 and the food is value for money and spot on ambiance.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

Allways top notch food, service, venue, and cheesecake. First visited in the eighties, regular stop every time we are in Edmonton

Reviewed March 27, 2014

Food is always delicious and as close to home cookin as you can get. Enough variety on the menu too. Wish we lived closer so we could go more often!

Reviewed March 9, 2014

The High Level Diner is a quaint restaurant with a great atmosphere located at the gateway to Old Strathcona area just across the High Level Bridge in Edmonton, Alberta.

It is filled with the antique furnishings, local artists' works, and the aroma of healthy, hearty, delicious food wafting through the restaurant.

The restaurant has a varied and nutritious menu including a large gluten-free Celiac menu. Fish and chips Mondays, Turkey Tuesdays, Ukrainian Thursdays, and Prime Rib Sundays are among the offerings. The Diner is well-renowned for its breakfasts and weekend brunches as well!

Even though I shouldn't have, I had a bite of their famous Cinnamon Buns in the bread pudding and it was all that I remember (I used to drool over these cinnamon buns when I was a University student many years ago!) The Flourless Chocolate Cake was light, chocolatey, very fluffy and delicious. It has set the bar pretty high for gluten-free fare!

The service was prompt and courteous.

I have recommended the restaurant to friends and family.